How many know ...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply

Do you know if such a chess computer exists today?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:19 am

Yes, I am aware of this chess computer product and I am interested in learning more about this.
2
10%
Yes, I am aware of this chess computer product and I am NOT interested in this product at all.
1
5%
No, and I would like to learn more about this product.
7
33%
No, and I could care less. Quit bugging me!
11
52%
 
Total votes: 21

MikeB
Posts: 3541
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:34 am
Location: Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania

How many know ...

Post by MikeB » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:19 am

How many know ?

That today. there is available an electronic Wood Chess Computer with 81 LEDS ( 4 to light up each sqaure). It has a built in chess engine or it is able to communicate with your PC wirelessly ( up to 60 feet away with add'l blue toothh hardware ) for play against your favorite engine using your pc's hardware and one of the standard chess GUIs .

Terry McCracken

Re: How many know ...

Post by Terry McCracken » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:28 am

MikeB wrote:How many know ?

That today. there is available an electronic Wood Chess Computer with 81 LEDS ( 4 to light up each sqaure). It has a built in chess engine or it is able to communicate with your PC wirelessly ( up to 60 feet away with add'l blue toothh hardware ) for play against your favorite engine using your pc's hardware and one of the standard chess GUIs .
Who makes it?

User avatar
Murat
Posts: 160
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:57 am
Location: Canada

Re: How many know ...

Post by Murat » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:12 am

Did we not have enough of citrine already? :D


Murat:.

Terry McCracken

Re: How many know ...

Post by Terry McCracken » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:49 am

Murat wrote:Did we not have enough of citrine already? :D


Murat:.
Cat's out of the bag now :lol:

User avatar
AdminX
Posts: 5187
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Contact:

Re: How many know ...

Post by AdminX » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:57 pm

MikeB wrote: for play against your favorite engine using your pc's hardware and one of the standard chess GUIs .
Huh?, Are you stating that I can also use it as a DGT board some what to play versus Shredder, Fritz, Rybka, etc ... ?

The ad says; Will connect to the PC to print/store/follow games
I'm not sure what they mean by "follow games".
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
__________________________________________________________________
Ted Summers

Terry McCracken

Re: How many know ...

Post by Terry McCracken » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:12 pm

AdminX wrote:
MikeB wrote: for play against your favorite engine using your pc's hardware and one of the standard chess GUIs .
Huh?, Are you stating that I can also use it as a DGT board some what to play versus Shredder, Fritz, Rybka, etc ... ?

The ad says; Will connect to the PC to print/store/follow games
I'm not sure what they mean by "follow games".
Apparently it can. The DGT Board is virtually obsolete :P

Throwing my DGT Board in the Fireplace Regards,
Terry

User avatar
mclane
Posts: 16262
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: US of Europe, germany
Full name: Thorsten Czub
Contact:

Re: How many know ...

Post by mclane » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:51 pm

but it seems it costs much.

ruuds new computer ?!

Terry McCracken

Re: How many know ...

Post by Terry McCracken » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:53 pm

mclane wrote:but it seems it costs much.

ruuds new computer ?!
So does a DGT Board!

Crackling in the Fire Regards,
Terry

Post Reply