Which is the best server to play online chess ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

cooldalek

Re: Which is the best server to play online chess ?

Post by cooldalek »

you can if you do it from different pcs like in internet cafes.

Can't see why someone would do that myself but they do as they start spaming some of the channels
swami

Post by swami »

That is a fallacy. Both ICC and PlayChess trials cannot be taken advantage in the manner you have described. With ICC you cannot sign up for continuous trials.
You seem to always talk about ICC,I guess you do not know much about playchess regarding the trial membership,I did not say it on basis of one friend,I said many friends,even I,during the first trial membership,had been using it for 3 months before that account got deleted,I don't often use ICC,yes ICC is stricter about trials and I know that,playchess is not, maybe until they had deleted my first account which I had been using it for 3 months and that was 6 months ago so I guess it was around January and maybe they had stricter rules this year around that time.

and BTW,I can give you a playchess id of some of my friends who had supposedly been using it for over a year,you need to send me a pm to get those Ids I was talking about.
Jim Walker

Post by Jim Walker »

There is also ChessAssistant Club and InfiniaChess.
Jim
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Jim Walker wrote:There is also ChessAssistant Club and InfiniaChess.
Jim
Hey Jim,

I knew about ChessAssistant Club, but InfiniaChess! Now that was a new one for me. Thanks Much for the Info!
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by smirobth »

How come no-one has mentioned Yahoo Chess yet? :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
- Robin Smith
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

smirobth wrote:How come no-one has mentioned Yahoo Chess yet? :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Don't forget the 88 club and pogo as well :wink:

Terry
bedouin

Post by bedouin »

smirobth wrote:How come no-one has mentioned Yahoo Chess yet? :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Whilst most of us are casual or hobbyist players Yahoo Chess is too casual. As its free you get the non serious players or those who use bots that can win games for them.
Graham Banks

Thread moderated

Post by Graham Banks »

The little spat following this post has been deleted.

Regards, Graham (moderation)
bedouin

Re: Thread moderated

Post by bedouin »

Graham Banks wrote:The little spat following this post has been deleted.

Whilst I agree philosophically the reader may be left with the impression that Swami claims are true when they have in fact not been corroborated. Perhaps you can also delete his errant claim where he started this off?
swami wrote:No,With trial Version you can do anything the member does with some limitations like sending applauses and evaluating the player,but with the limitation of 30 days,but I have heard from many friends that their account haven't been expired and they had been using the same trial account for over a year,so I guess they had not set the automatic expiry settings and sysop must know who use trial membership in order to delete their account.
swami

Re: Thread moderated

Post by swami »

bedouin wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:The little spat following this post has been deleted.

Whilst I agree philosophically the reader may be left with the impression that Swami claims are true when they have in fact not been corroborated. Perhaps you can also delete his errant claim where he started this off?
swami wrote:No,With trial Version you can do anything the member does with some limitations like sending applauses and evaluating the player,but with the limitation of 30 days,but I have heard from many friends
I said "I've heard from my friends" that does not mean it is fact.By the way,I stand by what I've said,that many have been using trial account for more than 30 days around january this year,take my word for it,else leave it.I don't seen any reason to delete it.

By the way,Thanks to Graham for moderating it out.
Last edited by swami on Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.