Which is the best server to play online chess ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: Thread moderated

Post by Graham Banks »

swami wrote:
bedouin wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:The little spat following this post has been deleted.

Regards, Graham (moderation)
Whilst I agree philosophically the reader may be left with the impression that Swami claims are true when they have in fact not been corroborated. Perhaps you can also delete his errant claim where he started this off?
swami wrote:No,With trial Version you can do anything the member does with some limitations like sending applauses and evaluating the player,but with the limitation of 30 days,but I have heard from many friends
I said "I've heard from my friends" that does not mean it is fact.By the way,I stand by what I've said,that many have been using trial account for more than 30 days around january this year,take my word for it,else leave it.I don't seen any reason to delete it.

By the way,Thanks to Graham for moderating it out.
Both of you can give this a rest now!

Regards, Graham.
swami

Re: Thread moderated

Post by swami »

Ok,Graham,It was not me who started it,I was just quoting it.
Philippe

Re: Which is the best server to play online chess ?

Post by Philippe »

Bots are used for cheating on others chess servers too, even paying ones.
Also lood at Ed's page : http://www.edcollins.com/chess/why-pay.htm

Here is the ad of FICS : "We do it for the game, not for the money".
Ponder on this wonderful ad.
bedouin

Re: Which is the best server to play online chess ?

Post by bedouin »

Philippe wrote:Bots are used for cheating on others chess servers too, even paying ones.
Also lood at Ed's page : http://www.edcollins.com/chess/why-pay.htm

Here is the ad of FICS : "We do it for the game, not for the money".
Ponder on this wonderful ad.
Ed is entitled to his opinion just like anyone else. Someone can also claim that you can get the free winboard and crafty for example and there is no need of buying any other engine. The value provided by online servers outweighs the cost IMHO. If you are complaining about ICC look at the cost to play in the World Open for example (entry fee and hotels). Do you drink bottled water, tap water or do you collect rain water?