Bob Hyatt Crafty 21.5 and 21.6

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Chris Taylor

Bob Hyatt Crafty 21.5 and 21.6

Post by Chris Taylor »

Hello

Will one or both in the title above be sent to Chessbase for them to make their versions? Please!

Also could you ask the nice Chessbase people if they could release 64 bit versions?

Thanks in advance :!:

Chris.
bob

Re: Bob Hyatt Crafty 21.5 and 21.6

Post by bob »

Chris Taylor wrote:Hello

Will one or both in the title above be sent to Chessbase for them to make their versions? Please!

Also could you ask the nice Chessbase people if they could release 64 bit versions?

Thanks in advance :!:

Chris.
we have been doing some final tuning for a couple of months, but recently I have spent more time on the testing methodology using our cluster than on actual tuning/testing for Crafty.

Hopefully we will have a "final" 21.6 version before long and that will be released to everyone.
glorfindel

Post by glorfindel »

bob wrote: Hopefully we will have a "final" 21.6 version before long and that will be released to everyone.
Together with the source code?
bob

Post by bob »

glorfindel wrote:
bob wrote: Hopefully we will have a "final" 21.6 version before long and that will be released to everyone.
Together with the source code?
yep...
bedouin

Post by bedouin »

I don't think ChessBase have any official link with Dr Hyatt in making the "crafty.eng", they just collect the source and make a eng file as Crafty is freely available. This means they can make an "eng" out of Toga/Fruit/Spike or any other provided the authors don't disagree in the licence.txt. As those others are already available in UCI its redundant to provide in eng format.

By the way is Crafty a winboard or UCI engine as its not categorically stated in the http://www.cis.uab.edu/info/faculty/hyatt/hyatt.html or the Wikipedia entry.
Kirill Kryukov

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

bedouin wrote:I don't think ChessBase have any official link with Dr Hyatt in making the "crafty.eng", they just collect the source and make a eng file as Crafty is freely available. This means they can make an "eng" out of Toga/Fruit/Spike or any other provided the authors don't disagree in the licence.txt. As those others are already available in UCI its redundant to provide in eng format.

By the way is Crafty a winboard or UCI engine as its not categorically stated in the http://www.cis.uab.edu/info/faculty/hyatt/hyatt.html or the Wikipedia entry.
Chess will be solved sooner than Bob implements UCI.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Kirill Kryukov wrote:
bedouin wrote:I don't think ChessBase have any official link with Dr Hyatt in making the "crafty.eng", they just collect the source and make a eng file as Crafty is freely available. This means they can make an "eng" out of Toga/Fruit/Spike or any other provided the authors don't disagree in the licence.txt. As those others are already available in UCI its redundant to provide in eng format.

Chess will be solved sooner than Bob implements UCI.
:lol:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
fern

Post by fern »

Bob:
Do you never will become tired to be so generous?

Fernando
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Spike's source isn't available.

For Toga/Fruit, CB would have to show the source changes needed to change into native format. I suspect they wouldn't want to do that.
bob

Post by bob »

I hope not...

:)