Fruit 2.3 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ryan Benitez

Fruit 2.3 released

Post by Ryan Benitez »

A new release of Fruit is announced here http://www.fruitchess.com/purchase.htm and available for download at http://www.superchessengine.com/

I will try to explain more about the UCI options and beta versions also in the package later. Enjoy the new Fruit versions and thank you to everyone in the computer chess community for making computer chess a good and fulfilling experience.

Thanks,
Ryan
Daniel Charles

Re: Fruit 2.3 released

Post by Daniel Charles »

Hello everybody

The Fruit team just released Fruit 2.3 and some beta

Include Fruit 2.3 (including Beta versions 070327, 061115a, and 061115b)

You will find them available on www.superchessengine.com

Thanks a lot to the Fruit Team (Ryan Benitez, Joachim Rang, fabien Letouzey and all their testers )

Daniel
VP

Post by VP »

Ryan Benitez wrote:A new release of Fruit is announced here http://www.fruitchess.com/purchase.htm and available for download at http://www.superchessengine.com/

I will try to explain more about the UCI options and beta versions also in the package later. Enjoy the new Fruit versions and thank you to everyone in the computer chess community for making computer chess a good and fulfilling experience.

Thanks,
Ryan
Thanks for sharing this masterpiece with us.
Undoubtedly, it shall emerge as one of (if not THE strongest ) the strongest free engines.
Best Regards,

Varun

-What most people need to learn in life is how to love people and use things instead of using people and loving things.
swami

Post by swami »

Thanks but is there something like what changes have been made in version history?
Henrik Dinesen

Post by Henrik Dinesen »

Thx :D

While some of us have waited long for a new Fruit release, it seems now almost as we should get extra harddisk space to accomodate to the release-speed of new Fruit versions ;)

Yes, something about the settings would be much appreaciated too... :P
Henrik
James Constance

Post by James Constance »

This will keep the testers busy! :D
swami

Post by swami »

Henrik Dinesen wrote:Thx :D

While some of us have waited long for a new Fruit release, it seems now almost as we should get extra harddisk space to accomodate to the release-speed of new Fruit versions ;)
Most users who download the versions of engines always use the updated latest version and delete the old ones irrespective of their ratings.you don't have to worry about the release speed of new fruit versions. :)

Some of the engines that comes with lot of updates: Tytan, Typhoon
and I appreciate these authors for being active in programming their engine and coming up with frequent updates.
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

swami wrote:

Most users who download the versions of engines always use the updated latest version and delete the old ones irrespective of their ratingsquote]

I disagree, I have over 3000 different versions of engines inside my engine folder. I know that Dann Corbit has every single version of rybka that was ever released, that alone should put him over the 3000 mark.

Uri Blass style rules regards
Tony
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Tony Thomas wrote:
swami wrote:

Most users who download the versions of engines always use the updated latest version and delete the old ones irrespective of their ratingsquote]

I disagree, I have over 3000 different versions of engines inside my engine folder. I know that Dann Corbit has every single version of rybka that was ever released, that alone should put him over the 3000 mark.

Tony
Now Tony!

Do you think we are normal users?? :lol: I have not been normal since I learned how to play the game. :? Loony-Bin here I come. :wink: 3000 plus chess engines ... @3!$%
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

AdminX wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:
swami wrote:

Tony
Now Tony!

Do you think we are normal users?? :lol: I have not been normal since I learned how to play the game. :? Loony-Bin here I come. :wink: 3000 plus chess engines ... @3!$%
The same situation here Ted....
You are not alone brother :mrgreen: ,
Dr.Wael Deeb
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….