A New Forum

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Harvey Williamson

A New Forum

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Hello All,

We have today launched a new Hiarcs forum for discussion of Hiarcs and all aspects of Computer Chess. I hope it will compliment this forum rather than compete with it.

You are all welcome to join www.hiarcs.net/forums

We will also be soon holding an opening competition for members to win some very nice prizes.

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: A New Forum

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Great news Harvey,will join at once after I have my lunch 8-)
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
dj

Post by dj »

Harvey Williamson wrote:Hello All,

We have today launched a new Hiarcs forum for discussion of Hiarcs and all aspects of Computer Chess. I hope it will compliment this forum rather than compete with it.

We will also be soon holding an opening competition for members to win some very nice prizes.

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Hi Harvey,

As you are always very keen to make a large meal out of a small slip of a finger on the typewriter on my part (for example in accidentally omitting an "ex") may I point out that your finger slipped when writing "compliment". You obviously meant "complement". There were once interchangeable but have not been so for a very long time.

Touché regards,

Derek
http://www.bartleby.com/64/C003/068.html

P.S. Good luck with the new forum.
Harvey Williamson

dj wrote:

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Hi Harvey,

As you are always very keen to make a large meal out of a small slip of a finger on the typewriter on my part (for example in accidentally omitting an "ex") may I point out that your finger slipped when writing "compliment". You obviously meant "complement". There were once interchangeable but have not been so for a very long time - even in American English or Ansari-speak.

Touché regards,

Derek

Hi Derek,

Well spotted. You are of course correct.

Thanks,

Harvey
gerold

Post by gerold »

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Thanks Harvey.
Good to have another good forum run by nice folks.
Good luck,
Gerold.
Harvey Williamson

gerold wrote:

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Thanks Harvey.
Good to have another good forum run by nice folks.
Good luck,
Gerold.
Thanks Gerold!
dj

Post by dj »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
dj wrote:

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Hi Harvey,

As you are always very keen to make a large meal out of a small slip of a finger on the typewriter on my part (for example in accidentally omitting an "ex") may I point out that your finger slipped when writing "compliment". You obviously meant "complement". There were once interchangeable but have not been so for a very long time - even in American English or Ansari-speak.

Touché regards,

Derek

Hi Derek,

Well spotted. You are of course correct.

Thanks,

Harvey
And once gain, Harvey, very best wishes with the forum and, of course, the future of Hiarcs.

Derek
swami

Post by swami »

Best Wishes,

Harvey
I see Steve B is posting Collectors corner messages there :)

Good Luck Harvey
George Bodkin

Post by George Bodkin »

Looks like the new Forum is down..................

George
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Thats good news,I have just posted my first reply and see that the first topic is one of my favourites.I had no problem joining and connecting.