CCC in a crisis?!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Christopher Conkie
Posts: 6068
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:34 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: A Soapbox Opera........

Post by Christopher Conkie » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:51 pm

AGove wrote:The song is dreary, but never mind that. Quoting lyrics at people reminds me of those who trade biblical quotations with, what they imagine is, some finality - anything to stop short of a logical argument.
OK...i'll be blunt.

When they get rid of the trolls then all becomes well.

While they exist, serious people will lose interest.

This forum does not need cheerleaders, it needs content and shitty Strelka threads are not content. They are at best padding and at worst a complete pain in the rectum.

We know sure as the sun comes up who are responsible for those kinds of thread.

If they want to lose good people here they are going the right way about it. [deleted]

If I was mod here I would delete all worthless trolls instantly as we did where we are mods.

Life is too short for bullshit.
Last edited by Christopher Conkie on Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terry McCracken

Re: CCC in a crisis?!

Post by Terry McCracken » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:10 pm

Graham Banks wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:I didn't bring it up....Graham did!

Think About It!
Actually, he is quite correct to do so. One cannot expect the membership to know these things without being told, and as this is a CCC issue.

I hadn't realized it had reached the point of harassment though, and will discuss suspensions with him.

Albert
To be honest Albert, I'd made peace with both Harvey and Steve in private, despite agreeing to disagree over some issues.

If they're innocent in all this mischief making, I'll be the first to apologise here in public, as I hold both in high regard.
I'd like nothing more than to have them still feel welcome here.

However, I'm disappointed that Terry brings up the issue of them choosing not to post time and time again, and would certainly hope that he's not in collusion with anybody else in his actions which are nothing else than mud raking.

Perhaps an apology from him will suffice and we'll leave it at that.

Regards, Graham.
I'm not in collusion with anyone. I've already told you that in CTF!

The only person who is truly being harassed here is me! You started this troll Graham! All I said to Mike is that if I tell him the reason this place is in decline I'd be axed. I said it in passing with a :wink: and you open Pandora's Box with a Crowbar!

Enough nonsense!

I have our PM's, they don't constitute harassment, and niether do my posts. It is sad that top members refuse to post here.

Had you sorted everything out as you claim, they'd be here now!

Good Day!

Terry McCracken

Re: CCC in a crisis?!

Post by Terry McCracken » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:15 pm

Tony Thomas wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
dj wrote:Larry wrote:
A few are defecting :wink:

As there have from CTF - unfortunately not always the right people. :wink:
Image
I wish you could find a pic were three or four guys are trying to beat a single person. :wink:
There aren't a bunch of bullies beating on Graham, you don't have a clue as to what's going on here Tony!

Terry McCracken

Re: CCC in a crisis?!

Post by Terry McCracken » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:19 pm

Tony Thomas wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
However, I'm disappointed that Terry brings up the issue of them choosing not to post time and time again, and would certainly hope that he's not in collusion with anybody else in his actions which are nothing else than mud raking.
Perhaps an apology from him will suffice and we'll leave it at that.

Regards, Graham.
<Tony in Uri Mode>

1) Terry can bring up what ever issue he wants as he live in a free country.

2) There is no reasonable evidence to believe that anyone else support him.

3) I have never heard of Mud Raking.

4) If I were you I wouldnt expect an apology from Terry.


Uri mode ends

My personal opinion, Terry you shouldnt bring up this matter anymore.
Tony, you don't know what is going on here and I didn't bring it up, Graham did. That's how little you know. :roll:

Don't tell me what to do!

Terry McCracken

Re: CCC in a crisis?!

Post by Terry McCracken » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:38 pm

Daniel Mehrmann wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Daniel Mehrmann wrote: Well, for some reasons i believe the CCC is dead, at least for me. :wink:

Best,
Daniel
Yes, but I believe your reason is mainly related to the Strelka poll which showed that more than 50% of those who responded were okay with including Strelka in their tournaments.

Terry is referring to my moderation, in particular to the thread below which I removed temporarily at the time to clean it up.
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15295

It led to the following threads as reactions:
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15352
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15417
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15494

But I believe it started further back with a series of threads which culminated in this thread:
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13709

I've restored them so that you can get the picture, but they're now locked.

It has also led to harassment via pms which only stopped recently when I said that if it continued, I would change my mind and stand for re-election if I was nominated in the next moderator elections (something which I'm now considering if only to prove a point).

The disaffected parties are now posting quite happily on the new Hiarcs forum, with more than one stating that they will not post here again until after moderator elections are held.

Sorry to bring all this up, but one can only be attacked and harrassed for so long without saying something.
All I do is try to be part of a team that voluntarily moderates this forum to the best of our ability.
I've made mistakes along the way (as I'm sure all past and present mods have), but I don't feel that I deserve this treatment.

Regards, Graham.
:shock:

I was replying to Mike. I'm not really interested in the mod stuff and links you posted here or what was going on between some CCC members.

Best,
Daniel
Niether am I and look what's happening!

This place has become a pit of vipers!

dj
Posts: 8681
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:06 am
Location: this sceptred isle

Re: CCC in a crisis?!

Post by dj » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:01 pm

Terry McCracken wrote:
This place has become a pit of vipers!
Is it not time the mods intervened to clean up this thread? We are on the seventh page and it has hardly been a good advertisment for CCC. As I said earlier, it goes to prove the thread title - minus the question mark.

Btw, Terry, Deeb is not a Bulgarian. He is an Arab from Jordan.
Last edited by dj on Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swami
Posts: 6536
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:21 am

Re: CCC in a crisis?!

Post by swami » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:05 pm

I fail to see the humour in that. Go to pages 1 & 2 and you'll understand my position more clearly. I'm not in a joking mood at present, and for good reason.

Terry
Sorry I had not read the posts in the beginning, I skipped most of them until I found Tony's funny post and I replied to that without mentioning anyone's name, that should tell you i was only joking.
P.S. I believe you mean't no harm.
Yes,Indeed.

Regards.

dj
Posts: 8681
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:06 am
Location: this sceptred isle

Re: A Soapbox Opera........

Post by dj » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:10 pm

Christopher Conkie wrote:
AGove wrote:The song is dreary, but never mind that. Quoting lyrics at people reminds me of those who trade biblical quotations with, what they imagine is, some finality - anything to stop short of a logical argument.
OK...i'll be blunt.

When they get rid of the trolls then all becomes well.

While they exist, serious people will lose interest.

This forum does not need cheerleaders, it needs content and shitty Strelka threads are not content. They are at best padding and at worst a complete pain in the rectum.

We know sure as the sun comes up who are responsible for those kinds of thread.

If they want to lose good people here they are going the right way about it. If they want a Swami v Tony Troll forum then the CCC is dead.

If I was mod here I would delete all worthless trolls instantly as we did where we are mods.

Life is too short for bullshit.
Hi Chris,

I completely agree but how exactly would you identify and get rid of the trolls? After all are there not total trolls, half trolls, "trolls" about whom there is disagreement, sometimes trolls, etc? Perhaps you could provide a list of proposed names for the chop...
:roll:

Derek

Albert Silver
Posts: 2870
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Moderation - Re: CCC in a crisis?!

Post by Albert Silver » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:10 pm

Enough. This thread is officially locked.

You guys need to lighten up a bit. Wish you had something better to do with your Saturday nights so I wouldn't have to wake up on a Sunday having to deal with this. Ugh...

Albert (moderator)

Locked