CCC in a crisis?!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Tony Thomas

Re: CCC in a crisis?!

Post by Tony Thomas » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:48 am

Graham Banks wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote: I think you've said enough Graham, and it doesn't reflect good judgement.
Tough - I'm sick of the crap that's been going on and the members have a right to know not only what's been happening, but how I feel about it.
I agree with you Graham, I like your kick ass moderation style.

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9635
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: CCC in a crisis?!

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:19 am

dj wrote:Larry wrote:
A few are defecting :wink:

As there have from CTF - unfortunately not always the right people. :wink:
Image
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

Tony Thomas

Re: CCC in a crisis?!

Post by Tony Thomas » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:21 am

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
dj wrote:Larry wrote:
A few are defecting :wink:

As there have from CTF - unfortunately not always the right people. :wink:
Image
I wish you could find a pic were three or four guys are trying to beat a single person. :wink:

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 33422
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: CCC in a crisis?!

Post by Graham Banks » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:21 am

Albert Silver wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:I didn't bring it up....Graham did!

Think About It!
Actually, he is quite correct to do so. One cannot expect the membership to know these things without being told, and as this is a CCC issue.

I hadn't realized it had reached the point of harassment though, and will discuss suspensions with him.

Albert
To be honest Albert, I'd made peace with both Harvey and Steve in private, despite agreeing to disagree over some issues.

If they're innocent in all this mischief making, I'll be the first to apologise here in public, as I hold both in high regard.
I'd like nothing more than to have them still feel welcome here.

However, I'm disappointed that Terry brings up the issue of them choosing not to post time and time again, and would certainly hope that he's not in collusion with anybody else in his actions which are nothing else than mud raking.

Perhaps an apology from him will suffice and we'll leave it at that.

Regards, Graham.

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9635
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: CCC in a crisis?!

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:24 am

Tony Thomas wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote: I think you've said enough Graham, and it doesn't reflect good judgement.
Tough - I'm sick of the crap that's been going on and the members have a right to know not only what's been happening, but how I feel about it.
I agree with you Graham, I like your kick ass moderation style.
The kick ass style is good in all aspects of life....

Image
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9635
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: CCC in a crisis?!

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:25 am

Tony Thomas wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
dj wrote:Larry wrote:
A few are defecting :wink:

As there have from CTF - unfortunately not always the right people. :wink:
Image
I wish you could find a pic were three or four guys are trying to beat a single person. :wink:
:P
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

User avatar
geots
Posts: 4790
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:42 pm

Re: CCC in a crisis?!

Post by geots » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:25 am

Tony Thomas wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
dj wrote:Larry wrote:
A few are defecting :wink:

As there have from CTF - unfortunately not always the right people. :wink:
Image
I wish you could find a pic were three or four guys are trying to beat a single person. :wink:

:D :D :D

Tony Thomas

Re: CCC in a crisis?!

Post by Tony Thomas » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:28 am

Graham Banks wrote:
However, I'm disappointed that Terry brings up the issue of them choosing not to post time and time again, and would certainly hope that he's not in collusion with anybody else in his actions which are nothing else than mud raking.
Perhaps an apology from him will suffice and we'll leave it at that.

Regards, Graham.
<Tony in Uri Mode>

1) Terry can bring up what ever issue he wants as he live in a free country.

2) There is no reasonable evidence to believe that anyone else support him.

3) I have never heard of Mud Raking.

4) If I were you I wouldnt expect an apology from Terry.


Uri mode ends

My personal opinion, Terry you shouldnt bring up this matter anymore.

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 33422
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: CCC in a crisis?!

Post by Graham Banks » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:16 am

Graham Banks wrote: To be honest Albert, I'd made peace with both Harvey and Steve in private, despite agreeing to disagree over some issues.

If they're innocent in all this mischief making, I'll be the first to apologise here in public, as I hold both in high regard.
I'd like nothing more than to have them still feel welcome here.
I've had contact with Harvey and he has assured me that there are no longer problems between us and that he has no involvement at all in what has been happening here.
I'll therefore take this opportunity to apologise publicly to Harvey for casting doubt on his good name.

Regards, Graham.

User avatar
Daniel Mehrmann
Posts: 855
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Germany
Full name: Daniel Mehrmann

Re: CCC in a crisis?!

Post by Daniel Mehrmann » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:31 am

Graham Banks wrote:
Daniel Mehrmann wrote: Well, for some reasons i believe the CCC is dead, at least for me. :wink:

Best,
Daniel
Yes, but I believe your reason is mainly related to the Strelka poll which showed that more than 50% of those who responded were okay with including Strelka in their tournaments.

Terry is referring to my moderation, in particular to the thread below which I removed temporarily at the time to clean it up.
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15295

It led to the following threads as reactions:
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15352
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15417
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15494

But I believe it started further back with a series of threads which culminated in this thread:
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13709

I've restored them so that you can get the picture, but they're now locked.

It has also led to harassment via pms which only stopped recently when I said that if it continued, I would change my mind and stand for re-election if I was nominated in the next moderator elections (something which I'm now considering if only to prove a point).

The disaffected parties are now posting quite happily on the new Hiarcs forum, with more than one stating that they will not post here again until after moderator elections are held.

Sorry to bring all this up, but one can only be attacked and harrassed for so long without saying something.
All I do is try to be part of a team that voluntarily moderates this forum to the best of our ability.
I've made mistakes along the way (as I'm sure all past and present mods have), but I don't feel that I deserve this treatment.

Regards, Graham.
:shock:

I was replying to Mike. I'm not really interested in the mod stuff and links you posted here or what was going on between some CCC members.

Best,
Daniel

Locked