CCC Crisis?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: CCC Crisis? Any crisis-be sure !

Post by Sylwy »

Hello !

Responses:
1.NO
2.NO

Explanations:
a.see -please-the participation in some particular computer chess forums: Rybka,Hiarcs,WBEC,WBforum.................
b.the computer chess community & interest aren't so great ! Only some fans.Computer chess is not chess.And chess is not football.And...........

Regards,
Sylwy
dj

Re: CCC Crisis?

Post by dj »

BBauer wrote:Fernano wrote
BTW, I have not read even one post, I just counted the number of them, yes...
I considered that enough a show of health....
My best
Fernando
Such long threads are terrible.
I would suggest that the moderators delete some massages randomly.
20 messages are enough for a thread.
That way the moderators can keep up their good work.

Bernhard
Why delete messages "randomly"? There are plenty in most threads that merit deletion. For example there is at least one in this thread that has nothing to do with the subject. The mods should be given the power to delete chat, inane jokes, personal attacks (whether they contain ad hominems or not), mindless twaddle and irrelevant comment. The moderators should be the judges of these things. And let us focus more on quality.
BBauer

Post by BBauer »

Fully agreed!

They should delete everything.
Bernhard
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

dj wrote:
My best
Fernando

Bernhard
Why delete messages "randomly"? There are plenty in most threads that merit deletion. For example there is at least one in this thread that has nothing to do with the subject. The mods should be given the power to delete chat, inane jokes, personal attacks (whether they contain ad hominems or not), mindless twaddle and irrelevant comment. The moderators should be the judges of these things. And let us focus more on quality.
Would you point out that very post that should be deleted :!: :?:
What problem do you have with jokes and a little bit humor included from time to time in the members posts :!: :?:
Are you trying to claim a military order here or what :?: :?:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
dj

Post by dj »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
dj wrote:
My best
Fernando

Bernhard

No need to. I was replying to Berhard. I am certain he at least was aware of the post concerned. And so were Fernando, Daniel and others who had contributed to this thread.

What problem do you have with jokes and a little bit humor included from time to time in the members posts :!: :?:

Peruse my post. I did not write "jokes and a little bit of humor". I wrote "inane jokes".

Not at all. I was replying to Bernhard's suggestion that posts should be randomly deleted. I was expressing my opinion that there was a better method than his proposal for random deletion. Others, of course, may disagree. That is their prerogative.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

dj wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
dj wrote:
My best
Fernando

Bernhard

No need to. I was replying to Berhard. I am certain he at least was aware of the post concerned. And so were Fernando, Daniel and others who had contributed to this thread.

Peruse my post. I did not write "jokes and a little bit of humor". I wrote "inane jokes".

Not at all. I was replying to Bernhard's suggestion that posts should be randomly deleted. I was expressing my opinion that there was a better method than his proposal for random deletion. Others, of course, may disagree. That is their prerogative.
Fair enough,thanks for taking the time to answer....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
swami

Post by swami »

dj wrote:
My best
Fernando

Bernhard
Moderators should delete the lengthy mindless diatribe too that contain offensive messages directed at honest, innocent and polite person who request simple correction, and not an occasional friendly messages :)
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

Hi Wael !

1.No problem.My post was only a test.
2.You must admit in the last five years the content of terms like democracy & humour are dramatic changed in some countries.
3.Some threads of CCC are useless.
4.Some members (not necessary mods or engine authors) seems to have special rights on this forum.Maybe they are sponsors.I don't know.
5.The day when computer chess will touch the limits coming soon.All the forums in computer chess will be history ! I'll regret the good humour from CCC.

All the best,
Sylwy
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Sylwy wrote:Hi Wael !

1.No problem.My post was only a test.
2.You must admit in the last five years the content of terms like democracy & humour are dramatic changed in some countries.
3.Some threads of CCC are useless.
4.Some members (not necessary mods or engine authors) seems to have special rights on this forum.Maybe they are sponsors.I don't know.
5.The day when computer chess will touch the limits coming soon.All the forums in computer chess will be history ! I'll regret the good humour from CCC.

All the best,
Sylwy

Hi,
I agree in general with all your points of view with the exception of the last statement
8-)
K I Hyams

Post by K I Hyams »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote: The game Go is in no way superior to the chess game 8-)
Why would any intelligent person think that Dr Deeb?
Why would any intelligent person think it was worth saying that without providing an explanation?