The new Chessmaster release....

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

The new Chessmaster release....

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Will it include the new MP The King engine :?:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
JVMerlino

Re: The new Chessmaster release....

Post by JVMerlino »

I can barely find any information on it, even though it's supposed to be coming out in two months. All I can find is this:

------------------
PC and DS versions.

Learn from champion Josh Waitzkin: Using the principles outlined in his book The Art of Learning, Josh puts players in his shoes during some of the most riveting moments of his career. He then walks players through the classics, introducing beginners to the fundamentals of the game and providing revealing commentary about the road to mastery.

Multiplayer wireless: Two players can battle each other using the wireless option on the DS. A variety of exciting multiplayer games are available, including: Dark Chess, in which the opponent's pieces are invisible; Extinction Chess, where the winner is the first player to capture all of the opponent's pieces; and Losing Chess, a game that rewards the first player to lose all of his/her pieces!

Six original mini-games: Each mini-game is packed with its own music, sound effects, a high-score record and 20 levels of gameplay. Players can look forward to: Minefield, in which chess pieces are used to locate mines hidden in the board; Breaking the Lines, where the knight is moved to capture all of the pawns; and Fork My Fruit, a game that uses chess pieces to fork fruit of the same kind, among others.

Famous games: Players have access to 900 of the most important chess games, which are analyzed to provide key tactics

Checkmate: With an arsenal of 600,000 games, players will never run out of fun!
------------------

Not sure what that last one is at all. :?

jm
David Dahlem

Post by David Dahlem »

JVMerlino wrote:I can barely find any information on it, even though it's supposed to be coming out in two months. All I can find is this:

------------------
PC and DS versions.

Learn from champion Josh Waitzkin: Using the principles outlined in his book The Art of Learning, Josh puts players in his shoes during some of the most riveting moments of his career. He then walks players through the classics, introducing beginners to the fundamentals of the game and providing revealing commentary about the road to mastery.

Multiplayer wireless: Two players can battle each other using the wireless option on the DS. A variety of exciting multiplayer games are available, including: Dark Chess, in which the opponent's pieces are invisible; Extinction Chess, where the winner is the first player to capture all of the opponent's pieces; and Losing Chess, a game that rewards the first player to lose all of his/her pieces!

Six original mini-games: Each mini-game is packed with its own music, sound effects, a high-score record and 20 levels of gameplay. Players can look forward to: Minefield, in which chess pieces are used to locate mines hidden in the board; Breaking the Lines, where the knight is moved to capture all of the pawns; and Fork My Fruit, a game that uses chess pieces to fork fruit of the same kind, among others.

Famous games: Players have access to 900 of the most important chess games, which are analyzed to provide key tactics

------------------

jm
"Fork My Fruit"

Interesting phrase! :-)

Regards
Dave
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

JVMerlino wrote:I can barely find any information on it, even though it's supposed to be coming out in two months. All I can find is this:

------------------
PC and DS versions.

------------------

jm
Thanks John,much appreciated :D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
geots

Post by geots »

------------------
PC and DS versions.

------------------

jm

Hi, John. If you do happen to find out thru the grapevine, so to speak, that there are going to be some different personalities or some different and nice 3D boards, please pm me or let us know via this forum. That is really the only problem i have with 10th edition, really only 2- 3D boards to choose from that are practical. And i like 3D better when i am playing, tho most people i gather dont.

Best regards,

George