Its Aug.20..Do You Know Where The Voting Booth is?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

GenoM

Re: Its Aug.20..Do You Know Where The Voting Booth is?

Post by GenoM »

whatever be the number of voted members with a high probability I can say you will be representatives of minority here :D
take it easy :)
dj

Post by dj »

DD-OK wrote:I would vote if the damn thing would let me. I guess I don't have the "minimum" number of posts. Does this one put me over the top?

One would think that an active reader and occaisional poster would be allowed to voice an opinion through the democratic process as well as the motor fingers.
I note that you have had 15 posts in total and three during the 3 months prior to the start of the elections (20 August). It is not clear which is the significant figure. It makes one wonder just what the minimum figure is and why it has not been made public.

There are some 455 members with 15 posts or fewer, out of the total of 955.
mariaclara

Post by mariaclara »

OT:

:shock:
.................ur kiddin :?: :!: wnt to that link......

..................................your face looks square and very white.. :?: :?:

:shock: :shock: and it has no eyes/mouth..

:shock: :shock: ...you lk like a sheet of paper... :roll: :roll: :roll: [/quote]

................. Mu Shin ..........................
dj

Post by dj »

Be honest, Maria, which do you prefer - the photo or the avatar?
:roll:
GenoM

Post by GenoM »

there is a firm logic beside this requirement
Moderators have more active 'relationships' with the guys who write here
If readers is not content with the moderation they could write a post here to discuss it -- which act would enter their names in the list of writing members that can vote here without a problem :D

ps: so this requirement takes as a priori that the silent majority is happy with the moderation here :) -- which makes sense to me
Last edited by GenoM on Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
take it easy :)
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

dj wrote:Be honest, Maria, which do you prefer - the photo or the avatar?
:roll:
Hehehe,very funny Derek,very funny....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

mariaclara wrote:OT:

.................ur kiddin :?: :!: wnt to that link......

..................................your face looks square and very white.. :?: :?:

:shock: :shock: and it has no eyes/mouth..

:shock: :shock: ...you lk like a sheet of paper... :roll: :roll: :roll:
My eyes are blue and that's why you don't see them Marie....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

dj wrote:
It is not clear which is the significant figure. It makes one wonder just what the minimum figure is and why it has not been made public.
i agree
i have emailed the TCADMIN to CLEARLY disclose the EXACT Voter eligibility Requirements and i have opened a thread here asking for full disclosure as well

Steve
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

I think it is possible that a certain fraction of the membership does not know yet that there is an election going on, if they come here very infrequently. In the past ICD-Chess would sent an e-mail I believe to all members inviting them to vote if they were on the board longer than 6 months, or thereabouts, I don't remember exactly, but if the criteria are now more strict an e-mail probably would not reach that many more voters? And changing the voting requirements midcourse during the election would of course also not be an option.

So I hope that a few more people that can vote will come here and take the time to vote within the next two days. It looks like it that the number of voters for CTF especially will be a bit low. For CCC I think there were usually more than 200 voters, but maybe I'm mistaking the number of votes with the number of voters... As of now we have only 153 voted members for CCC.

Eelco
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Eelco de Groot wrote:I think it is possible that a certain fraction of the membership does not know yet that there is an election going on, if they come here very infrequently. In the past ICD-Chess would sent an e-mail I believe to all members inviting them to vote if they were on the board longer than 6 months, or thereabouts, I don't remember exactly, but if the criteria are now more strict an e-mail probably would not reach that many more voters? And changing the voting requirements midcourse during the election would of course also not be an option.

So I hope that a few more people that can vote will come here and take the time to vote within the next two days. It looks like it that the number of voters for CTF especially will be a bit low. For CCC I think there were usually more than 200 voters, but maybe I'm mistaking the number of votes with the number of voters... As of now we have only 153 voted members for CCC.

Eelco
hi Eelco
yup
thats how i remember it to
only one voter requirement in the old forums...6 months registration
anyway..we are still at 153 ..so ..since my post yesterday.. 10 more were allowed to vote by the system voting software

hopefully the weekend will bring the members rushing to the polls

Election Watch 2007 Continues..