Zappa Mexico UCI ...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

IWB

Re: Zappa Mexico UCI ...

Post by IWB »

playjunior wrote: By the way, does Zappa use Nalimov tablebases or those compressed ones?
It uses Nalimov!

Bye Ingo
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Patatov wrote:I'm surprised the engine is available prior the match against Rybka... This will make preparation much easier...
Do you know if the engine comes with a book?
Maybe it is a trap and something else or some different personality than the default personality is going to be used in the match against zappa.

I think that it is better if the rybka team will not spend time on tuning against this engine and simply ignore the release in their preperation.

Uri
David Dahlem

Post by David Dahlem »

Patatov wrote:I'm surprised the engine is available prior the match against Rybka... This will make preparation much easier...
Do you know if the engine comes with a book?
No book, no logo, no .ini file, no documentation :-)

Regards
Dave
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

They release it right after my sister borrowed all my money from me?? I have to wait until Friday.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Tony Thomas wrote:They release it right after my sister borrowed all my money from me?? I have to wait until Friday.
Actualy,she saved you from bankrupt :P
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:They release it right after my sister borrowed all my money from me?? I have to wait until Friday.
Why you say that? She will pay me back Friday, and I also get my paycheck on Friday. :lol:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Tony Thomas wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Why you say that? She will pay me back Friday, and I also get my paycheck on Friday. :lol:
Wow,if you were close,I'll sure "pay" you a visit Friday night :lol:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Wow,if you were close,I'll sure "pay" you a visit Friday night :lol:
Dont worry, we can still have net meetings. :wink:
shiv

Post by shiv »

I wish there was a Mac version. With wine, one can run 32 bit Zappa but not 64 bit Zappa.
geots

Post by geots »

Best thing that could have happened, Tony. I would give it a week or so and see some results. It may very well be that anything jazzed up is for multi-processors. It may not be as strong as Zanzibar, or at least no stronger, on 1 CPU. I would hold off a week or so. He wont run out of copies, trust me.

Older and wiser regards,