Deep shredder 11 and shredder 11

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

ChessAddict

Deep shredder 11 and shredder 11

Post by ChessAddict »

Whats the difference between deep shredder 11 and shredder 11? Is either one better than the other?
IWB

Re: Deep shredder 11 and shredder 11

Post by IWB »

ChessAddict wrote:Whats the difference between deep shredder 11 and shredder 11? Is either one better than the other?
Hello

The "Deep" Version is made for Computers with more than one CPU-CORE, eg Dual or Quad computers. Both Version are identical in play on one core. It might be that there is a difference in speed of the two engines of 1 or 2 %. But to determin the strength difference because of that is impossible! Of course a Dual Core System is usually stronger than a single core system if other parameters are identical.

Bye
Ingo
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

ChessAddict wrote:Whats the difference between deep shredder 11 and shredder 11? Is either one better than the other?
Hi !

See-please:
http://www.shredderchess.com/chess-prog ... 1-uci.html

Regards,
Sylwy
Spock

Post by Spock »

I believe also that Shredder 11 comes with a single 32-bit engine, but that Deep Shredder 11 has both a 32-bit and a 64-bit engine - someone with Shredder 11 could comment
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Spock wrote:I believe also that Shredder 11 comes with a single 32-bit engine, but that Deep Shredder 11 has both a 32-bit and a 64-bit engine - someone with Shredder 11 could comment
Shredder 11 comes with the 32 bit engine only. If you want the 64bit engine, you have to buy the deep version. I wonder how much faster is the current 64bit version. Is it still only 5-10 percent faster?
ernest

Post by ernest »

Tony Thomas wrote:I wonder how much faster is the current 64bit version. Is it still only 5-10 percent faster?
On the chess start_position I measured it 0% faster!
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

ernest wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:I wonder how much faster is the current 64bit version. Is it still only 5-10 percent faster?
On the chess start_position I measured it 0% faster!
So I guess there isnt much to be expected from the 64bit version, about 10 points at the most, eh?