Congratulations to Graham, Ryan and Albert

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Gerd Isenberg

Congratulations to Graham, Ryan and Albert

Post by Gerd Isenberg »

I am dissapointed - I voted for a complete replacement of all CCC-mods.
That is democracy - of course I respect the members vote.

Congratulations to Graham, Ryan and Albert.

Keep CCC a democratic place, respect the charter and inconvenient minorities. Please keep things related to CCC-policy transparent and public.

I also encourage the founders, to make further contributions in CCC. Specially I like Chris to post in the programming forum up and then.

Cheers,
Gerd
nczempin

Re: Congratulations to Graham, Ryan and Albert

Post by nczempin »

Gerd Isenberg wrote:I am dissapointed - I voted for a complete replacement of all CCC-mods.
That is democracy - of course I respect the members vote.

Congratulations to Graham, Ryan and Albert.

Keep CCC a democratic place, respect the charter and inconvenient minorities. Please keep things related to CCC-policy transparent and public.

I also encourage the founders, to make further contributions in CCC. Specially I like Chris to post in the programming forum up and then.

Cheers,
Gerd
Congratulations to Graham, Ryan and Albert for winning the elections.

I hope Graham and Albert do take note of the fact that the huge margin they had last time has shrunk considerably, plus the fact that Thorsten did not receive a lot fewer votes than he did last time. Please draw your own conclusions on what that means.

In a way I am glad it is Ryan and not me who is in that position (sorry Ryan). This way there is no problem when I say that I will give the forums a rest for a while. I haven't decided on leaving for good, but I will take some time off to reflect on the recent events.

So, Derek and Rolf, hold your ammo, your target is not there!
Erik Roggenburg

Post by Erik Roggenburg »

I'm fine with the outcome, but with so many choices, I think there should have been some kind of run-off.
geots

Post by geots »

Erik Roggenburg wrote:I'm fine with the outcome, but with so many choices, I think there should have been some kind of run-off.

Runoff? Shh! Please dont open that can of worms. Let's concentrate on computer chess. :lol:

Regards,
Spock

Post by Spock »

nczempin wrote:I hope Graham and Albert do take note of the fact that the huge margin they had last time has shrunk considerably
I think that is simply because there were more candidates this time around were there not, so the votes were spread around a lot more.
It is still a vote of confidence in their abilities to moderate the forum
enir

Post by enir »

Spock wrote:
nczempin wrote:I hope Graham and Albert do take note of the fact that the huge margin they had last time has shrunk considerably
I think that is simply because there were more candidates this time around were there not, so the votes were spread around a lot more.
It is still a vote of confidence in their abilities to moderate the forum
Absolutely. There is no other way to interpret the results. Graham, Ryan and Albert won the most difficult elections in the 10 years of CCC history.

Congratulations,
Enrique
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Many thanks to Gerd and all who voted.

Rest assured that we will do our best to deserve the confidence placed in us. These have been tumultuous times to say the least, and discussions have already begun on the numerous issues that surfaced recently, and addressing them in order to avoid a repeat of history.

To those who may feel bitter about the election results, I'd ask that you do not leave as a result of them. In spite of it all, remember what CCC is about above all, and why we come here: computer chess.

Let us all try to go back to enjoying our hobby in peace.

All the best to you all,

Albert
gerold

Post by gerold »

Albert Silver wrote:Many thanks to Gerd and all who voted.

Rest assured that we will do our best to deserve the confidence placed in us. These have been tumultuous times to say the least, and discussions have already begun on the numerous issues that surfaced recently, and addressing them in order to avoid a repeat of history.

To those who may feel bitter about the election results, I'd ask that you do not leave as a result of them. In spite of it all, remember what CCC is about above all, and why we come here: computer chess.

All the best to you all,

Albert
Best to all the elected Mods. Looks like a nice team.

Gerold.
Daniel Mehrmann
Full name: Daniel Mehrmann

Post by Daniel Mehrmann »

Congrats to Graham, Albert and Ryan as well. :D

I hope CCC now comes back on the right way again: computerchess :)

Best,
Daniel
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Albert Silver wrote:Many thanks to Gerd and all who voted.

All the best to you all,

Albert
Well said Albert.

Ryan, Albert and myself have already been in three way communication with each other and look forward to working together on behalf of the membership.
gbanksnz at gmail.com