Chessmaster Live released on XBox Live Arcade

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
mike860

Chessmaster Live released on XBox Live Arcade

Post by mike860 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:20 am

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/c/chess ... ivearcade/

I'm glad to see this, especially considering how successful XBLA has been for the 360 platform. It will get a lot of young people people into chess (or back into chess) simply because of the game's mere presence on the XBLA service. As far as the game goes, it's not bad, but the interface and options are pretty watered down relative to the PC version of Chessmaster. I wonder if the King is using all three cores on the XBox?

AdminX

Re: Chessmaster Live released on XBox Live Arcade

Post by AdminX » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:37 pm

mike860 wrote:http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/c/chess ... ivearcade/

I'm glad to see this, especially considering how successful XBLA has been for the 360 platform. It will get a lot of young people people into chess (or back into chess) simply because of the game's mere presence on the XBLA service. As far as the game goes, it's not bad, but the interface and options are pretty watered down relative to the PC version of Chessmaster. I wonder if the King is using all three cores on the XBox?
Yes, I downloaded it this morning after reading your post. I did it mainly for my son, however I did play a quick game versus Seth (Computer) and earned an achievement in the process before heading out to work. I wonder how strong the AI is on the XBOX 360 hardware vs. todays standard PC using the same program.

PS: I did also like some of the Jazz sound track that they added to the game. XBOX360 handle is AdministratorX
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."