bad news from zappa ...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Re: bad news from zappa ...

Post by Vinvin »

It's the last prototype, newer than ZapMexII.
Uri

Post by Uri »

Vinvin wrote:It's the last prototype, newer than ZapMexII.
So is this a private engine? Because i couldn't find Zappa X on google.
Oscar L

Post by Oscar L »

But A Cozzie announced a definitive retirement, and the web page has not changed

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/acozzie2/www/zappa/
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Uri wrote:So is it the same as Zappa Mexico II or is it even newer?
Looking at the latest trend from Zappa I expect an elo increase of -2. Its probably couple of days newer than Zappa II, who cares.
Uri

Post by Uri »

So is Zappa X a private engine? When will it be released to the public? I couldn't find it on google.
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Uri wrote:So is Zappa X a private engine? When will it be released to the public? I couldn't find it on google.
What makes you think that you can find everything on google? It is probably not a significant improvement, its also possible that someone just renamed the engine to Zappa X.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Tony Thomas wrote:
Uri wrote:So is Zappa X a private engine? When will it be released to the public? I couldn't find it on google.
What makes you think that you can find everything on google? It is probably not a significant improvement, its also possible that someone just renamed the engine to Zappa X.
Most probably is the case Tony,yeah....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Vinvin wrote:It's a newer version, latest version I know.
Zappa X was there before Zappa Mexico, and I assume it's an older beta version. They had discussions about what name the new Zappa should have, and had to decide between Mexico or X, and they decided for Mexico in the end.
Daniel Charles

Post by Daniel Charles »

Strange

I believed he was retired ... However looks like I saw him on playchess with others testing Zappa X :)

And It looks like He is in my area ... Just 50 miles away

Maybe a good news fo chess community ... if he is only 99% retired :D

Daniel
Uri

Post by Uri »

Daniel Charles wrote:Strange

I believed he was retired ... However looks like I saw him on playchess with others testing Zappa X :)
Yes i saw him too testing Zappa X with 2 other people who had the same engine. So is Zappa X newer than Zappa Mexico II or older?