Fruit 2.3.4n-x64 continues it's triumph....

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Fruit 2.3.4n-x64 continues it's triumph....

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

http://wbec-ridderkerk.nl/html/premier.htm

It would still be ahead of Rybka even if the later wins it's three upcoming games....

Come on Ryan,release this buggy version,we won't complain much,I promise :D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Ovyron

Re: Fruit 2.3.4n-x64 continues it's triumph....

Post by Ovyron »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Come on Ryan,release this buggy version,we won't complain much,I promise :D
I agree.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

:D

It's too buggy to be released yet :mrgreen:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
playjunior

Post by playjunior »

I sincerely do not understand the enthusiasm behind all this-Fruit leads but hasn't played Zappa, Rybka, Shredder, Hiarcs, Naum...
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

playjunior wrote:I sincerely do not understand the enthusiasm behind all this-Fruit leads but hasn't played Zappa, Rybka, Shredder, Hiarcs, Naum...
You will understand when it wins the tournament :P
Yarget

Post by Yarget »

If Fruit wins this long and strong tournament (which I hope) perhaps Ryan will consider to make the upcoming release commercial.

Regards
Per
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Yarget wrote:If Fruit wins this long and strong tournament (which I hope) perhaps Ryan will consider to make the upcoming release commercial.

Regards
Per
He said that Fruit will always be free..
Henrik Dinesen

Post by Henrik Dinesen »

Tony Thomas wrote:
Yarget wrote:If Fruit wins this long and strong tournament (which I hope) perhaps Ryan will consider to make the upcoming release commercial.

Regards
Per
He said that Fruit will always be free..
Yes true :)
Anyway, I guess Ryan would accept it, if Per sends his redundant money ;)
Henrik
NJDenson

Post by NJDenson »

Performance will drop off for this version. Its has some eval bug's and endgame. It can beat up on the weaker engines all day long. Now if you want to see a much better version ask him to release the much better one. Its eval is much much better but is still has an endgame problem which i have been able to mask for many positions. In the middle game when it starts to attack ... its basically over for whom ever is defending. Also the later version smp is much better as well.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Rybka is still trying to catch up with Fruit and even if it manage to do that,it will be the longest chase for Rybka to surpass an engine in a long tournament....
What a buggy version of Fruit indeed,shame on it's programmer :D