Father versus Fruit 2.3.5h Marzo 16 2008. Holy Week Sunday

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

ozziejoe

Re: Alex. Where could I find "anticomputers videos"

Post by ozziejoe »

For those who are critical

If what pablo does is so easy, could you please demonstrate your ability to apply the technique against rybka. Please send us your stonewalls and draws

best
J
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Ok, I couldn't do it after 30 tries, but what does it prove? That it's not so easy?

Pablo learned to do it and that's why it's easier for him, but I don't create new threads every time I do something that I learned to do that is difficult to do for other people.
ozziejoe

Post by ozziejoe »

but this at least illustrates that what pablo does is difficult. His playing style is valid, and I suspect he would go alright with humans (especially those under 2200 level). If pablo played this way against me in 3 minute blitz, and played with such rapidity, I would have alot of trouble. I might start to play gambits against him, once i realized what he was doing, but it would still be hard

best
J
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

ozziejoe wrote:but this at least illustrates that what pablo does is difficult. His playing style is valid
Yes. I think that people will appreciate Pablo's games more when they try to make one of these games themselves, and figure out that it's very hard. But still, Pablo proved his point long time ago with one of these games, I don't see the need to post a new game every time a new engine comes up.
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

To the contrary! If a "new engine comes up" should it not be required to 'jump the Pablo Hurdle?' :)