strelka 2.0

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dann Corbit

Re: strelka 2.0

Post by Dann Corbit »

rfadden wrote:That's a good point Dann. I forgot the exact words that I used but my intention was to send my source code to you and ask that you not distribute it further. You could compile the source and note that the binary matches. A few key people could check the source but the new source can not be released to the public because that would be like a repeat of the Strelka thing...

Also note the strings that identify the actual author will be correct...

So as I said this is an interesting experiment and it's a learning experience for me. It's a hobby and I'm not working on this as a way to hurt Jury Osipov's reputation...

The truth is going to come out.
I don't have the time for that sort of an effort right now. I guess if you look around you might find someone with the time and temperment to help you.

What are you trying to accomplish exactly?
rfadden

Post by rfadden »

Nevermind!

Ha!
Osipov Jury

Post by Osipov Jury »

M ANSARI wrote: Also do not forget that he tried to weasel out some financial gain from this from Vas ... not a very ethical thing to do ... some might even call it blackmail.
You are not right. Please read this:

http://f22.parsimony.net/forum41668/messages/46023.htm
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Osipov Jury wrote:
M ANSARI wrote: Also do not forget that he tried to weasel out some financial gain from this from Vas ... not a very ethical thing to do ... some might even call it blackmail.
You are not right. Please read this:

http://f22.parsimony.net/forum41668/messages/46023.htm
From what I understand from the thread you linked to ... somebody disassembled Rybka 1.0 and wanted to make it into a Pocket PC platform for a fee ... when Vas refused and said no they decided to give out the source code free ... for many people that could be seen as blackmail. The post also mentions that Rybka has a lot of code copied from Fruit ... that would be false since the author of Fruit (I would think Fabien would be able to figure out if code was copied) has seen the code and has said explicitly that it was not the same copied code and was different code. So which part of the thread do you propose to show that what I posted is not correct.

To me it looks like someone disassembled Rybka ... I am sure many others did so also although they kept it to themselves ... this particular person wanted to port Rybka to a Pocket PC ... when Vas refused he became upset and decided he wanted to get some "payback" and decided to release the normal version including the source code. As if that was not enough ... he then tries to make it look that there is nothing wrong because Vas also copied Fruit code. Well the author of Rybka says that Strelka is an almost identical copy of Rybka except for a few lines changed to try unsuccessfully to obfuscate the obvious ... yet the author of Fruit says no code was copied by. Usually I tend to believe the original authors of the code more than someone who managed to show some hacking skills. It is unfortunate that this person doesn't use his gift for something more productive than simply trying to disassemble a program.
Osipov Jury

Post by Osipov Jury »

When somebody talk me : "You are a camel", i don't try to prove that this is incorrect.
rfadden

Post by rfadden »

Jury I think the way to solve this is:

1. Change the Author strings in Strelka to read:

Author: Vasic Rajlich
Code Deduced by: Jury Osipov

Then add:

The following improvements are my own original work:

1. Be honest, really really honest

-----------------------------------------

Then as you are doing now, simply focus on ideas and improvements, give your thoughts, opinions, and work with others cooperatively.

Make sure you give Vasic Rajlich credit for his original work.

----------------------------------------

Many of us believe that we all make mistakes. Our culture, most likely the same as yours also values asking to be forgiven, followed by others giving you a chance to be treated as a regular guy.

-----------------------------------

Come clean, tell the truth, and ask to be forgiven, and many or most people will forgive you, and they will be willing to be friendly with you and treat you with respect.

I was raised and taught to be this way and many or most others here were raised and taught to be this way.

Thanks.
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Just curious !

Post by Sylwy »

hawkeye wrote:will strelka be tested on time controls aside from 40/4?
Why a such long thread ( again ) about a clone ?
Qui podest ?

Regards,
Silvian
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Lies of Mr.Manev

Post by Sylwy »

GenoM wrote:
M ANSARI wrote:Let us not forget that for a long time the author of Strelka continued denying anything to do with Rybka ... and only after some very gifted people on this forum started showing proof of copying (especially when even bugs were the same) did he admit the truth.
That's simply not the case. Osipov from the very begining did not hide Rybka origin of Strelka .....................

Take a look to these posts of Mr.Markoff:

Links:
http://64.68.157.89/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13702&start=0
http://64.68.157.89/forum/viewtopic.php ... highlight=
http://64.68.157.89/forum/viewtopic.php ... 56&t=13676
http://64.68.157.89/forum/viewtopic.php ... 88&t=13676

Strelka is a CLONE and Mr. Osipov just a cloner.That's the truth.

Regards,
Silvian
Osipov Jury

Re: Lies of Mr.Manev

Post by Osipov Jury »

Sylwy, that is your words from 13.05.2007: :lol:
Hi all !

1.Strelka is the strongest WB chess engine in the world (single CPU/32bit);
2.Strelka is the third free chess engine in its class (after Rybka 1.0 beta & Spike 1.2 Turin).Toga II is a clone (he he he !)-isn't it ?
3.Juri Osipov-its brilliant author-it's now a sort of Jesus Christ in computer chess;
4.a clear target of this scandal was to obtain the source code of this very particular engine.

Clear for me from the starting point that Strelka is in the same structural class with Rybka but in a bit incipient form-not by altering Rybka's code but by his natural development. And-don't forget-Strelka is under development from 21 years. Maybe Rybka is...........
If the justice directed this world all the strong chess engines (Rybka,Hiarcs,Loop,Shredder,Fritz.....) must obtain a "honestity certificate".Possible to see a lot of surprises.But the justice seems to be for other world.

Better for Strelka to became- in the near future- in my opinion-a commercial engine.ChessBase ,Lokasoft......know to defend better the interests.

I know in my country three private chess engine.Two only play chess-just a hobby.But one is very strong.His author-a distinguished gownsman-must cover the same procedure ? And why not everybody ?????

Someting is not OK !

All the best,
Sylwy
gerold

Re: Lies of Mr.Manev

Post by gerold »

Osipov is Belka 2.0.0 and Strelka 2.0.B the same engine.
Thanks,
Gerold.