Serial number and DVD

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Rolf

Serial number and DVD

Post by Rolf »

Only a short tech question. With Fritz 11 I have access to playchess because of my valid serial number. All went fine. Now I got info that already update 2 was available for my version 11. Good, I installed that one but am not at home for a while. Result: Since I cant enter my DVD, it's at home, I cannot use even the engine Fritz 11 either in CB9 or Fritz 11. Is there a work-around for that? I use a perfectly legal version of Fritz 11 and have serial number on board. A short solution for a while would help me so that later I could show up with my DVD. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Serial number and DVD

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Rolf wrote:Only a short tech question. With Fritz 11 I have access to playchess because of my valid serial number. All went fine. Now I got info that already update 2 was available for my version 11. Good, I installed that one but am not at home for a while. Result: Since I cant enter my DVD, it's at home, I cannot use even the engine Fritz 11 either in CB9 or Fritz 11. Is there a work-around for that? I use a perfectly legal version of Fritz 11 and have serial number on board. A short solution for a while would help me so that later I could show up with my DVD. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
As far as I am concerned,there is no legal way to do this....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans »

Hi Pope,

Have you contacted Chessbase directly? There might be a work around.

Cordially,

Sean
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Sean Evans wrote:Hi Pope,

Have you contacted Chessbase directly? There might be a work around.

Cordially,

Sean
Hi, it's been a long time!

No, I took for self-understood that there were a sort of check address where that could be done. I didnt contact them because I have the bad experience from years ago I must admit that contacting them is almost nonsense, usually I phoned them directly. But I hoped that there would be a direct solution here in the group. Of course only legal ones. I cant risk to do otherwise and also have no interest in doing so.

In a couple of days I'm back home and that is solved. It's just the engine and honestly I have Rybka 2.3.2a and that is still a top program for helping me through my lay analyses of games from the net offers. Yes, I still play chess. But I will never become a sort of tech expert. I dont want to know the details why you must enter the DVD.

I wish you all the best and hope that have accomplished in real life what you had dreamed of.

Again also to Dr Deeb many thanks for the quick feedback.

As a hint to all others: I wouldnt anymore update via internet if I dont have my DVD around. Because then you cannot use the engine anymore. So better remain with a former version.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz