A fun opening book ...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AdminX

A fun opening book ...

Post by AdminX »

For those of you who have not seen it yet, Erdo has created a Fun opening book in CTG format. To quote Erdo:

" It's only for Fun, not more ;-) "

When paired with Delfi, I find that I am getting the types of games I often play on Playchess, only offline. I have not tested it with other engines yet. Anyway I think others here might like it as well. Check it out on the Hiarcs website.

http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1476

PS: I find it kind of nice to get away from the 2700 plus opening books for a change. :wink:
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
Full name: Tony Mokonen

Re: A fun opening book ...

Post by tmokonen »

Is this a "fun" book in the sense that it has a lot of gambit and unconventional lines? A book like that might make an interesting thematic tournament.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

This book is not doing to bad on playchess in 16 minute games using Rybka 3 Human.

Post by Jaimes Conda »

AdminX wrote:For those of you who have not seen it yet, Erdo has created a Fun opening book in CTG format. To quote Erdo:

When paired with Delfi, I find that I am getting the types of games I often play on Playchess, only offline. I have not tested it with other engines yet. Anyway I think others here might like it as well. Check it out on the Hiarcs website.

PS: I find it kind of nice to get away from the 2700 plus opening books for a change. :wink:
Ted,can this book be put into the F9 gui.If so how?

Jaimes
Veritas Vos Liberabit
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Jaimes Conda wrote:
AdminX wrote:For those of you who have not seen it yet, Erdo has created a Fun opening book in CTG format. To quote Erdo:

Jaimes
Its in .ctg format so just use it as your other books.

Post by Jaimes Conda »

AdminX wrote:
Jaimes Conda wrote:

Jaimes
Its in .ctg format so just use it as your other books.
Thanks. I must have done somthing wrong because it did not show in the F9 book file.Strange I shall try again.

Merci Jaimes
Veritas Vos Liberabit