Rybka 3.0 in Chessbase GUI

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

playjunior

Rybka 3.0 in Chessbase GUI

Post by playjunior »

http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=4772
Bravo Vasik, he wasted like 1 year of development time to make a GUI no one needs, and just when he made it-Chessbase managed to make a deal with them to sell the engine in their own GUI.
Opinions please.
Tony Thomas

Re: Rybka 3.0 in Chessbase GUI

Post by Tony Thomas »

Let the guy make some money for a change..
playjunior

Post by playjunior »

I think it is really stupid. Just as I was thinking of paying for their buggy GUI, because I want a Rybka 3, they start selling it in new Chessbase GUI. Now, I will indeed buy it from Chessbase, even if I have to pay a bit more.
So, why didn't they do it before? When they did not have a GUI?
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Yeah and they are milking the cow for all that it is worth, anyone notice they are even selling the book stand alone. Still, I may get both versions, Chessbase and Convekta. I will buy the Single processor verion just to get the GUI and one year playchess and get the Deep version form Convekta for Rybka 3 GUI. I wonder about 32 and 64-bit versions however from Chessbase, they did not mention that.

Multi-processor version: Deep Rybka 3 99.90 Euro
Single processor version: Rybka 3 49.99 Euro
Rybka 3 Book 24.99 Euro
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by Tony Thomas »

Ted, you are clearly crossing over to the world of people who are obsessed..Is there really a need for buying both single and deep versions? Wouldnt it be cheaper buying the playchess membership by itself..

I am lost when it comes to chessbase regards
Tony
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Tony Thomas wrote:Ted, you are clearly crossing over to the world of people who are obsessed..Is there really a need for buying both single and deep versions? Wouldnt it be cheaper buying the playchess membership by itself..

I am lost when it comes to chessbase regards
Tony
Yes, if I buy the Deep version from Convekta, then I get the Rybka 3 GUI that has features I want. Now when I buy the Chessbase (Single) version I get a updated GUI, one extra year Playchess server to use, and some other new features.

Note when it comes to features, both versions have features that the other does not have. Besides, when it comes to engine vs. engine matches I prefer the Rybka 3 GUI. I also like playing at CAC (Aka: Chess Planet).

It is clear that all I need is the 64-bit Deep UCI version of the engine however ... 8-)

Post by Ovyron »

You could buy Deep Rybka 3 from Chessbase and then buy the Aquarium GUI standalone, that would be cheaper.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Ovyron wrote:You could buy Deep Rybka 3 from Chessbase and then buy the Aquarium GUI standalone, that would be cheaper.
Your right that is and option. It sounds like a very good one at that ...

Thanks for the IDeA! :lol:

Thats what I will do.

Post by Uri Blass »

playjunior wrote:http://chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=4772
Bravo Vasik, he wasted like 1 year of development time to make a GUI no one needs, and just when he made it-Chessbase managed to make a deal with them to sell the engine in their own GUI.
Opinions please.
1)You can talk only for yourself.
If you do not like the Aquarium gui you do not have to buy it but saying that it is a GUI no one needs is not correct.

2)I believe Vasik spent time only on the engine so claiming that he wasted 1 year of developement time on the gui is not correct.
Other people spent their time on the GUI.

3)I also do not understand your complain.
Having more options for the customer is always better and if you can choose between rybka on chessbase gui and rybka on Aquarium gui then it is better.

Note that even if rybka does not sell many of the Aquarium gui then their work still worth money because it is possible that without their work
Vas could not get the deal that he got from chessbase of selling rybka on chessbase gui.

Uri
Marc Lacrosse

Post by Marc Lacrosse »

AdminX wrote:
Ovyron wrote:You could buy Deep Rybka 3 from Chessbase and then buy the Aquarium GUI standalone, that would be cheaper.
Your right that is and option. It sounds like a very good one at that ...

Thanks for the IDeA! :lol:

Thats what I will do.
Hmmm : be cautious :

So far nobody knows wether chessbase offer includes 64bits rybka3...

Marc