New Toga version: +200 elo??

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Tony Thomas

Re: New Toga version: +200 elo??

Post by Tony Thomas »

Ovyron wrote:
kranium wrote:he also said- 'I could not release it for obvious reasons'
why not?

i'm puzzled.
He claims that releasing his freeware engines will hurt Rybka 3 sales...
Why would he be worried about that?
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Tony Thomas wrote:
F. Bluemers wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:
Zach Wegner wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:
F. Bluemers wrote:
he also said- "I could not release it for obvious reasons"
why not?
Because it does not exist.Obvious, isn't it? :-)

Fonzy
Is it just me, or he sounds like the reincarnation of that Ben Lau guy?
Or maybe it's Norman Schmidt? :lol:
Hilarious..but I doubt that it's him..He posted on this thread, if you havent noticed already.
So, and which one of you is Teddy Barrack :!:
:lol: :lol:
I am Teddy Obama.. :lol:
I just realised Toga is an anagram of Goat!?
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Tony Thomas wrote:Why would he be worried about that?
He, apparently. He said that he's not going to release the engine if it turns out to be stronger than Rybka 3 :shock: He will probably state that his engine is so strong that it would make Vas and Chessbase broke so he would not release it.

Right now, he's probably making up games to show how strong his engine is.
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
I just realised Toga is an anagram of Goat!?
Guilty as charged..I never thought you guys will figure that out. :lol:
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Tony Thomas wrote:
Ovyron wrote:
why not?

i'm puzzled.
I guess that for the same reason that some people that I imagine, worry about running 100 meters too fast.

They claim that they can run 100 meter in 9.6 seconds but they do not do it because they think that it is not going to be fair to all the people that work hard to do it in 9.8 seconds or 9.7 seconds.

They claim that it is not going to be fair to all the people that work hard because they do not like the alternative that is to admit that they simply cannot run 100 meters in 9.6 seconds.

Uri
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Uri Blass wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:
Ovyron wrote:
why not?

i'm puzzled.
I guess that for the same reason that some people that I imagine, worry about running 100 meters too fast.

They claim that they can run 100 meter in 9.6 seconds but they do not do it because they think that it is not going to be fair to all the people that work hard to do it in 9.8 seconds or 9.7 seconds.

They claim that it is not going to be fair to all the people that work hard because they do not like the alternative that is to admit that they simply cannot run 100 meters in 9.6 seconds.

Uri
I just noticed that you made slight adjustments to your numbers from Rybka forum.. I remember watching an analysis of the run from the former world record holder, Asafa Powell. The university team that analyzed the run said that if he hadnt slowed down in the last 20 meters he could have ran faster than 9.70. I do not think that his claim is credible, and I doubt that we will see a 200 point stronger toga anytime soon. Our chances of seeing a reverse engineered Rybka 3.0 is much higher.
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Tony Thomas wrote:Our chances of seeing a reverse engineered Rybka 3.0 is much higher.
Or seeing a Fritz UCI.
Jim Walker

Post by Jim Walker »

I don't believe it either but I do remember a while back some guy came on here looking for beta testers for his new program which he claimed was about 100 points stronger than Shredder. He received a similiar reception to this one now. :lol:
Jim
gerold

Post by gerold »

Jim Walker wrote:I don't believe it either but I do remember a while back some guy came on here looking for beta testers for his new program which he claimed was about 100 points stronger than Shredder. He received a similiar reception to this one now. :lol:
Jim
Looks like he is back Jim :)

Ben Lau
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Jim Walker wrote:I don't believe it either but I do remember a while back some guy came on here looking for beta testers for his new program which he claimed was about 100 points stronger than Shredder. He received a similiar reception to this one now. :lol:
Jim
This is a different case because he released his program.
I do not claim that it is impossible to make something stronger than rybka3 but I do not believe people who claim that they do it when they refuse to release their program or to sell their program.

Uri