Cyclone 1.0 and Cyclops 1.0 avaliable

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

gerold

Re: Cyclone 1.0 and Cyclops 1.0 avaliable

Post by gerold »

ArmyBridge wrote:Hi Norman Cyclone is very strong and have a great style!!!
Congratulations 8-) good job
Regards
SO far playing Toga CMLX 1.4 beta 5d vs.cyclone
it is 8/16 . 4/4/8
ArmyBridge

Post by ArmyBridge »

Uri Blass wrote:
Regards
Maybe it is strong but I plan to try it only if people find that it can be better than earlier toga.

Previous version seems to be weaker than Toga1.4.1 SE or Toga1.4.2JD and I do not know what is the reason

see http://cegt.foren-city.de/topic,60,-bli ... gines.html

Uri
Hi Uri, well the past weekend I run a small test, whit a set of Kings Gambits, Evans Gambit, Wing Gambit, etc.. with this results:
Cyclone MPvs Toga Chekov MP

Rank Engine Score Cy To S-B
1 Cyclone10_beta-2cpu 9.0/17 · ·· ·· ·· ·· ·· ·· ·· =1=10110=01=0==== 72.00
2 Toga313SE_MP_dual-Chekov 8.0/17 =0=01001=10=1==== · ·· ·· ·· ·· ·· ·· ·· 72.00
Level: Blitz 5/6
Hardware: Dual Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz with 1,016 MB Memory
I know that we need a lot of games to draw a conclusion, nex weekend I hope run some test this time with close positions to see what happen, but Cyclone looks very strong :wink:
kranium

Post by kranium »

Regards
Hi Armando,

thanks for your feedback,

the real idea behind cyclone was to provide many user configurable options, so that people could experiment with the settings, and perhaps find a really strong combination. my guess is that (with default values), it's not much stronger than other toga versions, but of course i'm not sure here.

i am convinced, however, that cyclops 1.0 is better. my results here are consistently showing it to be very strong, with superior results against cyclone and other toga versions. (of course you know the moment i say that, someone will post results that show i'm wrong). therefore i suggest to all: simply test it yourself, the good old-fashioned way, (not loading start positions or epds), just by letting it play chess...full games in a match or tournament.

best regards,
Norm
ArmyBridge

Post by ArmyBridge »

kranium wrote:
Regards
Hi Armando,

the real idea behind cyclone was to provide many user configurable options, so that people could experiment with the settings, and perhaps find a really strong combination. my guess is that (with default values), it's not much stronger than other toga versions, but of course i'm not sure here.

i am convinced, however, that cyclops 1.0 is better. my results here are consistently showing it to be very strong, with superior results against cyclone and other toga versions. (of course you know the moment i say that, someone will post results that show i'm wrong). therefore i suggest to all: simply test it yourself, the good old-fashioned way, (not loading start positions or epds), just by letting it play chess...full games in a match or tournament.

best regards,
Norm
Hi Norm, I am excited to test the new Cyclone, I think this weekend I'll test Cyclone 1.0 with the same wild set and the same rival (Toga Chekov), I´hope Cyclone reach Cat. 5 (winds above 350 Km/h :wink: )
Thanks for your great engine 8-)
Regards
gerold

Post by gerold »

ArmyBridge wrote:
kranium wrote:
Regards
Hi Armando,

Hello Amando have you downloaded the free verison of Rybka
that has just been released today.
I will be testing cyclone vs. it.
Thanks for your testing . Good job.

Best to you,

Gerold.

best regards,
Norm
Hi Norm, I am excited to test the new Cyclone, I think this weekend I'll test Cyclone 1.0 with the same wild set and the same rival (Toga Chekov), I´hope Cyclone reach Cat. 5 (winds above 350 Km/h :wink: )
Thanks for your great engine 8-)
Regards