To Jeroen and interested minds, re. Tiger node count

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

chrisw

Re: To Jeroen and interested minds, re. Tiger node count

Post by chrisw »

Rolf wrote:
smirobth wrote:
Rolf wrote: Cooperate? Also in German the term of choice. Collaborate is for a French clearly intentional an allegation especially to a Dutch. All IMO. Also French would say cooperer. American English might be different.
I find it hilarious that a non native English speaker who on numerous occasions has defended his incorrect usage of the English language due to an admitted lack of English mastery is now lecturing a native English speaker on English. In fact Chris W is quite correct; in English the word collaborate, by itself, has no negative connotation.

Blabla. I dont teach or lecture a native English speaker like ChrisW, I only said that ChrisW for certain also knew of the sisitivity of the Dutch because of that history and hence the word itself. I cant judge how and if and when what means in English. So sorry, that was a waste of time from your side. You should have better remained in CTF. <g> Wait till I'll be back, then I'll give you hell. <g>
smirobth

Post by smirobth »

Rolf wrote:Blabla. I dont teach or lecture a native English speaker like ChrisW
Perhaps then you can explain your statement:
rolf wrote:The word [collaborate] is basically meaning the ugly thing called traitor of his own people's honor perhaps even to get rich by that strategy.
Sounds like teaching English to me. And I find it especially funny since it is soooo wrong. The word collaborate has absolutely no such meaning.
- Robin Smith
chrisw

Post by chrisw »

smirobth wrote:
rolf wrote:The word [collaborate] is basically meaning the ugly thing called traitor of his own people's honor perhaps even to get rich by that strategy.
Sounds like teaching English to me. And I find it especially funny since it is soooo wrong. The word collaborate has absolutely no such meaning.
Golem

Post by Golem »

smirobth wrote:
It seems that everyone is trying to turn the conversation to useless things. Christophe has made an interesting proposition (by offering to reveal some secrets about chess tiger) but everybody is focusing on this misunderstanding. All rybka threads seems to be "dialogues of the deaf".
Tony

Post by Tony »

bnemias wrote:I count 47 posts, excluding this one, devoted to the simple misunderstanding about the meaning of a word.

27 of those occurred after the original offended party accepted the benign interpretation.

Hilarious.
No, typical.

Tony
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

http://www.lokasoft.nl/chess_tiger_2004

Chess Tiger 2004 summary

&#65533; Super strong engine, ELO 2700+
&#65533; Large opening book optimized for Chess Tiger by Jeroen Noomen.
&#65533; Four different playing styles: 'normal', 'gambit', gambit aggressive', and 'gambit suicidal'
&#65533; Latest ChessPartner GUI included.
&#65533; Analyse your games.
&#65533; Multivariation mode, shows best 'n' moves.
&#65533; Play on the Internet.
&#65533; All 3 and 4 man tablebases plus the most important 5 man tablebases.
&#65533; Chess Tiger 14.0, 2 GM norms in Argentina, elo 2788, topping the SSDF list of December 2001.
&#65533; 1st in Dutch Open 2000, 2001, 2002, 3th in 2003.

What's new

&#65533; Engine is twice as fast in nodes per second as CT 15.
&#65533; The improved speed has been used mainly to improve the positional play of the engine.

&#65533; Significantly stronger in tactics, particularly on combinations involving king attacks.
&#65533; Endgame play has also been improved, for example in endgames with some pieces left that can be converted into winning pawn endgames.
&#65533; Trainer levels.
&#65533; Latest ChessPartner GUI whith many tweaks and fixes.
gbanksnz at gmail.com