Thinker 5.2K is released....

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9773
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Thinker 5.2K is released....

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:59 pm

_Fixed the incorrect lazy evaluation.
_Made the node splits optional in parallel search versions (enabled _through the "splitnodes=1" command-line option).
_Fixed the processor detection in parallel search versions.
_Fixed the issue with running on Windows 2000.
_Fixed the slow load time in Linux Wine.
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

royb
Posts: 524
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:53 pm

Re: Thinker 5.2K is released....

Post by royb » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:25 pm

Is Thinker a UCI engine? I cannot make it run under SCID on Linux.

Thx,

Roy

Damir
Posts: 2474
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Denmark
Full name: Damir Desevac

Re: Thinker 5.2K is released....

Post by Damir » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:32 pm

But no fix UCI or ponder issue :(

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9773
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: Thinker 5.2K is released....

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:43 pm

royb wrote:Is Thinker a UCI engine? I cannot make it run under SCID on Linux.

Thx,

Roy
It's a winboard engine only....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

Kurt Utzinger
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 8:31 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Thinker 5.2K is released....

Post by Kurt Utzinger » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:44 pm

An engine missing the most important analysis mode
is worthless for me.
Kurt

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9773
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: Thinker 5.2K is released....

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:47 pm

Kurt Utzinger wrote:An engine missing the most important analysis mode
is worthless for me.
Kurt
It has an ultra attractive style of playing the game of chess,a free 2800+ chess engine....that does matter for me 8-)
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

Martin Thoresen
Posts: 1833
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:07 pm

Re: Thinker 5.2K is released....

Post by Martin Thoresen » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:50 pm

Kurt Utzinger wrote:An engine missing the most important analysis mode
is worthless for me.
Kurt
I do agree about this, it's very interesting playingwise but worthless since it's impossible to get any information out of it.

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9773
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: Thinker 5.2K is released....

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:57 pm

Martin T wrote:
Kurt Utzinger wrote:An engine missing the most important analysis mode
is worthless for me.
Kurt
I do agree about this, it's very interesting playingwise but worthless since it's impossible to get any information out of it.
The author had elaborated several times here in the forum regarding this issue....he has nothing to hide,it's just that the current architecture of the engine doesn't allow the analysing feature to work probably....simple as that :!:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

Tony Thomas

Re: Thinker 5.2K is released....

Post by Tony Thomas » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:44 pm

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Martin T wrote:
Kurt Utzinger wrote:An engine missing the most important analysis mode
is worthless for me.
Kurt
I do agree about this, it's very interesting playingwise but worthless since it's impossible to get any information out of it.
The author had elaborated several times here in the forum regarding this issue....he has nothing to hide,it's just that the current architecture of the engine doesn't allow the analysing feature to work probably....simple as that :!:
Most of the people who complains doesnt even analyze with anything other than Rybka. :wink:

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9773
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: Thinker 5.2K is released....

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:45 pm

Tony Thomas wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Martin T wrote:
Kurt Utzinger wrote:An engine missing the most important analysis mode
is worthless for me.
Kurt
I do agree about this, it's very interesting playingwise but worthless since it's impossible to get any information out of it.
The author had elaborated several times here in the forum regarding this issue....he has nothing to hide,it's just that the current architecture of the engine doesn't allow the analysing feature to work probably....simple as that :!:
Most of the people who complains doesnt even analyze with anything other than Rybka. :wink:
This is very true Tony.very true....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

Post Reply