Thinker 5.2K is released....

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Thinker 5.2K is released....

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

_Fixed the incorrect lazy evaluation.
_Made the node splits optional in parallel search versions (enabled _through the "splitnodes=1" command-line option).
_Fixed the processor detection in parallel search versions.
_Fixed the issue with running on Windows 2000.
_Fixed the slow load time in Linux Wine.
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
royb

Re: Thinker 5.2K is released....

Post by royb »

Is Thinker a UCI engine? I cannot make it run under SCID on Linux.

Thx,

Roy
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

But no fix UCI or ponder issue :(
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

royb wrote:Is Thinker a UCI engine? I cannot make it run under SCID on Linux.

Thx,

Roy
It's a winboard engine only....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Kurt Utzinger

Post by Kurt Utzinger »

An engine missing the most important analysis mode
is worthless for me.
Kurt
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Kurt Utzinger wrote:An engine missing the most important analysis mode
is worthless for me.
Kurt
It has an ultra attractive style of playing the game of chess,a free 2800+ chess engine....that does matter for me 8-)
Martin Thoresen

Post by Martin Thoresen »

is worthless for me.
Kurt
I do agree about this, it's very interesting playingwise but worthless since it's impossible to get any information out of it.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Martin T wrote:
is worthless for me.
Kurt
I do agree about this, it's very interesting playingwise but worthless since it's impossible to get any information out of it.
The author had elaborated several times here in the forum regarding this issue....he has nothing to hide,it's just that the current architecture of the engine doesn't allow the analysing feature to work probably....simple as that :!:
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Martin T wrote:
is worthless for me.
Kurt
The author had elaborated several times here in the forum regarding this issue....he has nothing to hide,it's just that the current architecture of the engine doesn't allow the analysing feature to work probably....simple as that :!:
Most of the people who complains doesnt even analyze with anything other than Rybka. :wink:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Tony Thomas wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Martin T wrote:
is worthless for me.
Kurt
Most of the people who complains doesnt even analyze with anything other than Rybka. :wink:
This is very true Tony.very true....