CCC nominees list for coming CCC elections

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

CCC nominees list for coming CCC elections

Post by mclane »

the moderators of CCC asked for elections in CTF.

I think this means they resign and want elections in CCC too.

Here are my candidates for nominees:

Steve B.

Gerd Isenberg

Christophe Theron

Bob Hyatt
Volker Pittlik
Full name: Volker Pittlik

Re: CCC nominees list for coming CCC elections

Post by Volker Pittlik »

mclane wrote:the moderators of CCC asked for elections in CTF.

I think this means they resign and want elections in CCC too...
You are wrong.

vp
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

How did you come to this conclusion Thorsten :!: :?:
The moderators of CCC are just fine doing there job perfectly IMO....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

The CTF mods did this too IMO. Why suddenly CCC mods fight against CTF mods?? Ed asked the question just minutes ago. Could someone step forward? Thanks.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
smirobth

Post by smirobth »

Rolf wrote:The CTF mods did this too IMO. Why suddenly CCC mods fight against CTF mods?? Ed asked the question just minutes ago. Could someone step forward? Thanks.
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25965
- Robin Smith
mclane

Post by mclane »

so when will there be new elections in CCC ?
mclane

Post by mclane »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:How did you come to this conclusion Thorsten :!: :?:
The moderators of CCC are just fine doing there job perfectly IMO....
yes. but they believe that their mandat is to tell the moderators of CTF what they should do without consulting them.

They posted that they support new elections in CCC.
I have read by the CTF moderators that THEY (CCC mods) should better care for their own forum instead of posting statements about CTF in CCC.

Both moderator groups have been elected by the people in CCC or CTF.
How can the CCC mods have the mandate to tell the CTF mods what to do ??

IMO democracy is about how democratic processes get directed.
not about hierarchy of some above others.

But the most unsatisfying thing is IMO that the mod team of CCC isn't even discussing those "public statements" with their colleagues and instead sending rude mails.

Can someone explain why this happens ?
I refer to Ed Schroeder,elected moderator of CTF writing in CTF that:
Yesterday a precedent was set in the history of CCC/CTF as never seen before. Without even informing the current CTF moderators Sam called for new CTF elections. No clarification was given also. Basically it's just a brutal coup d'etat.
and when asked sam hull (admin) said:
(a) The decision for a new election was not made by me; it was a unanimous request of the CCC moderators. Evidently you missed their post at the top of the main forum.

with ed schroeder moderator of CTF posting:
The moment we saw the announcement at CCC we contacted them with a couple of questions. I got a rude reply back and no answers to my questions. Till now, not an answer seen from them. Today I asked again. Nothing. No reply, no answers.

So basically what we have here at hand is 3 CCC mods calling for CTF elections? Without consultancy? And why? Can CTF mods do so in reverse? Heaven forbid right? And then you comply to that demand without informing us first? Without any decent explanation? Why do I have to ask in the first place by starting a new thread?

This is an illegal call for new elections, neither you nor the CCC mods have a mandate to do so. We don't accept the impeachment of 3 mods because CCC mods want it that way. Let alone without a decent explanation, let alone without an internal or public discussion first.

There is nothing in the charter CCC mods have this kind of power. Both mod teams are responsible for their own forum. In the mean time I am still waiting for their comments to my 2 mails. Preferable in email, else public.

I would wish you to stop this election before the 2 mod teams had a good talk first. I know you as a man who stands for his principles who persists in what he has started yet in this case the moment you impeach 3 mods based on the current information at hand seems not wise.

Ed
F. Bluemers

Post by F. Bluemers »

what happend was similar to this http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... 41&t=14823
Get over it Thorsten.
Team Vendetta is yesterday
mclane

Post by mclane »

WHAT was similar ?
that we had elections ?
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

this will be the only thread in the CCC regarding this matter

please make any comments regarding this issue in this thread only .
please do not open any other threads as they will be considered OT in the CCC

First i speak for myself as mod and then i speak for all of us

recent events on the CTF have had a negative impact on the CCC
we have received complaints about posts made here regarding events there ..,Banning of members no longer able to post here ,PM's and Emails..etc etc..
during all of this we remained silent ..
however two polls were conducted on the CTF showing overwhelming membership support for a change in the CTF mod team
almost as many voted as during the general election(115)
we waited to see what reaction the CTF mod team would take in response to the call for new elections and it soon became apparent that the response was to basically ignore it and instead to move the subject to other issues not related to member dissatisfaction
it was plainly obvious to even the most casual observer that nothing was going to change and the disruption here would only continue

at this point we decided to intervene and call for elections to put an end to the disruption caused here by the CTF
In our statement we mentioned that new elections would squash discontent on the CTF regardless of the out come
new mods could be in place if the membership decided it or current mods would be given a vote of confidence..

i think it is unconscionable that a mod would ignore the desires of the very members who elected him.
it is an honor to serve as mod and if the vast majority of members call for new elections then there is no justification to cling to power over and above the wishes of the membership

now i speak for the Mod Team..

we have worked very well together and respect each others opinions
all decisions are made by all of us..even small things regarding the smooth running of the CCC..we confer each and every day in the mod forum and most days we confer several times
Whatever decisions we make are for the benefit of the CCC

if a poll were conducted here which resulted in a vote for new elections..we state here and now that we would honor the wishes of the members
we are honored to be your mods and hold our position as mods by virtue of the wishes of YOU ..our fellow members

Best Regards
Steve
Last edited by Steve B on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.