DGT Pieces

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

M ANSARI

Re: DGT Pieces

Post by M ANSARI »

Jaimes Conda wrote:
M ANSARI wrote:I see these boards are all still USB. Don't they have a Wifi or Bluetooth version. It would make the board look much less messy.
M.Ansarasi,
Please would you explaine? Jaimes

The moves generated have to be generated by a PC or Pocket PC. I think it would be great if you could have a simple battery operated board with absolutely no wires visible, which is connected to a PC via bluetooth or much better via Wifi. This way you can configure the board to play at top PC level anywhere in your home. All the board would need would be enough battery power to run the I/O of the moves data via Wifi, which should not be too much load as it is currently easily handled with a mobile phone battery.

If I could get something like that I would buy it in a heart beat. I would have thought that by now something like that would have been done. I know that a bluetooth version was in the works but that somehow the 64bit drivers were a problem. Ofcourse 64bit drivers are a must as the most powerful chess engine is Rybka 3 64bit. But again why bluetooth when Wifi would give you much more range?