new junkbase

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Dann Corbit
Posts: 12034
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

new junkbase

Post by Dann Corbit » Wed May 20, 2009 8:07 am

Junkbase update 7,787,850 games
bzip2 compressed SCID files:
http://cap.connx.com/scid/jbase.sg3.bz2
http://cap.connx.com/scid/jbase.si3.bz2
http://cap.connx.com/scid/jbase.sn3.bz2

Code: Select all

4.1 Move orders reaching the report position
There was only one move order reaching this position:
1: (7787850)

4.2 Moves from the report position
    Move   ECO       Frequency    Score  AvElo Perf AvYear %Draws
 1: e4     B00a  3716567: 47.7%   53.6%  2347  2376   838   25%
 2: d4     A40a  2586425: 33.2%   54.4%  2402  2415   322   27%
 3: c4     A10    624952:  8.0%   53.9%  2445  2431  2000   28%
 4: Nf3    A04    619767:  7.9%   54.2%  2450  2446  2000   29%
 5: f4     A02     54661:  0.7%   48.5%  2270  2136  1997   21%
 6: g3     A00t    53104:  0.6%   52.3%  2404  2341  2000   30%
 7: b3     A01     43532:  0.5%   51.4%  2542  2412  2000   22%
 8: Nc3    A00l    32563:  0.4%   49.9%  2239  2231  2001   20%
 9: b4     A00p    17115:  0.2%   50.3%  2324  2248  1995   19%
10: e3     A00k    13542:  0.1%   38.8%  2331  2084  2000   12%
11: g4     A00n     9975:  0.1%   45.0%  2582  2171  2000   13%
12: d3     A00j     4518:  0.0%   43.6%  2319  2149  2002   18%
13: a3     A00f     2315:  0.0%   47.7%  2433  2372  2000   17%
14: c3     A00i     2189:  0.0%   47.3%  2413  2414  2001   17%
15: h4     A00c     1888:  0.0%   38.7%  2651  2117  2002    9%
16: h3     A00d     1805:  0.0%   38.6%  2558  2378  2002   18%
17: a4     A00e     1550:  0.0%   38.5%  2729  2382  2002   13%
18: f3     A00b     1118:  0.0%   39.6%  2536  2080  2001    9%
19: Nh3    A00g      200:  0.0%   36.5%  2717  2452  2001   10%
20: Na3    A00h       64:  0.0%   28.1%              1993    8%
21: [end]  A00a        3:  0.0%   50.0%              2000    0%
_______________________________________________________________
TOTAL:           7787853:100.0%   53.8%   984  1113   331   26%

swami
Posts: 6546
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:21 am

Re: new junkbase

Post by swami » Wed May 20, 2009 8:26 am

7,787,850 games
Engine games particularly? or any games you can get hold of?

Dann Corbit
Posts: 12034
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

Re: new junkbase

Post by Dann Corbit » Wed May 20, 2009 8:34 am

swami wrote:
7,787,850 games
Engine games particularly? or any games you can get hold of?
It contains everything, from the sublime to the ridiculous.
Online lightning games to world championship correspondence games.
Computer games, human games, etc. If two cows played a game of chess, it would be in there too.

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9773
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: new junkbase

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Wed May 20, 2009 10:59 am

Dann Corbit wrote:
swami wrote:
7,787,850 games
Engine games particularly? or any games you can get hold of?
It contains everything, from the sublime to the ridiculous.
Online lightning games to world championship correspondence games.
Computer games, human games, etc. If two cows played a game of chess, it would be in there too.
:lol:
That was exactly what I am looking for....thanks....

:P
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

royb
Posts: 524
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:53 pm

Re: new junkbase

Post by royb » Wed May 20, 2009 1:31 pm

Dann,

Is your site down currently? I cannot get to it via http or ftp and ping fails also.

Or is it just overwhelmed at the moment?

Thanks,

Roy

jdart
Posts: 4102
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:23 am
Location: http://www.arasanchess.org

Re: new junkbase

Post by jdart » Wed May 20, 2009 4:16 pm

Well, you said it was "junk" so we know what we are getting ;-). But one thing to note in particular is that a good many of the games from engine matches are run with a limited depth book so you are not going to get a broad sampling of opening play from them.

Dann Corbit
Posts: 12034
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

Re: new junkbase

Post by Dann Corbit » Wed May 20, 2009 6:20 pm

jdart wrote:Well, you said it was "junk" so we know what we are getting ;-). But one thing to note in particular is that a good many of the games from engine matches are run with a limited depth book so you are not going to get a broad sampling of opening play from them.
True, but there are a couple million human/human OTB games and about 800,000 human(?) correspondence games.

Marc Lacrosse
Posts: 511
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:05 pm
Contact:

Re: new junkbase

Post by Marc Lacrosse » Wed May 20, 2009 7:33 pm

I see nothing interesting in these junkbases.

My own one had more than 8 000 000 ones more than two years ago. I had a hell of a job pruning it so as to only keep a little less than 2 000 000 more interesting games.

There was a post on playchess a few months ago where you could read that more than 300 million games had been played on their server so far.

ICC has less players by now but a much longer history.

Yahoo chess has thousands of games played everyday.

Trying to search some chess truth in the monster collections of mostly valueless games is an impossible task IMHO.

Marc

Ron Murawski
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:38 am
Location: Schenectady, NY
Contact:

Re: new junkbase

Post by Ron Murawski » Wed May 20, 2009 7:46 pm

royb wrote:Dann,

Is your site down currently? I cannot get to it via http or ftp and ping fails also.

Or is it just overwhelmed at the moment?

Thanks,

Roy
Yesterday I posted to the CCW Forum that Dann's site has been unavailable for 16 days so far...

Ron

Dann Corbit
Posts: 12034
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

Re: new junkbase

Post by Dann Corbit » Wed May 20, 2009 7:46 pm

Marc Lacrosse wrote:I see nothing interesting in these junkbases.

My own one had more than 8 000 000 ones more than two years ago. I had a hell of a job pruning it so as to only keep a little less than 2 000 000 more interesting games.

There was a post on playchess a few months ago where you could read that more than 300 million games had been played on their server so far.

ICC has less players by now but a much longer history.

Yahoo chess has thousands of games played everyday.

Trying to search some chess truth in the monster collections of mostly valueless games is an impossible task IMHO.

Marc
Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I believe that Marcel Van Kervenik had 13 million rated games collected from FICS over ten years ago, so probably he has 50 million by now.

There are plenty of stinkers in junkbase, hence the name.

But it's worth what you pay for it, at least.
;-)

Post Reply