New computer chess fan

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Aser Huerga

New computer chess fan

Post by Aser Huerga »

Hello,

It was a month ago that I'm reading the forum, and finally I decided to sign in. I'm a ex-club chess player, and a fan of Novag micros (I owned Saphire II and Super Forte A 6 Mhz).

My favourite engines are Hiarcs 12.1 MP, Deep Shredder 11 and Deep Junior 10, for his human-like style. And, of course, David Kittinger's WChess 1.6 and WChess 2000.

I'm focused on improve my chess level playing with different engines with regulated ELO, training through CT-Art 3.0, studying finals ... only for the pleasure of a chess better understanding.

The hardware I operate is an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3Ghz, 4 GB RAM with Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3. Crafty 19.17 BH test value is 30 seconds. I can use three computers like this for testing, leting them playing at night (at least one of them, all three only some nights). I like very much the CCRL testing methods, and if a member thinks that I could colaborate in some way, I'd be glad to do it.

Thanks to administrator for let me enter this forum. I will keep mostly reading the posts.

Best regards from Spain and good chess to all!

Aser.
Graham Banks

Re: New computer chess fan

Post by Graham Banks »

Hi Aser,

please check your personal messages,

Cheers,
Graham (CCRL tester)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Welcome Aser

I think you will find that the CCC will keep your interest level high in both the dedicated chess computer area as well as the PC engine area

If you have any questions on any aspect of Computer Chess feel free to ask them.. the members here are always more then happy to assist new members

Welcome Aboard Regards
Steve
Aser Huerga

Post by Aser Huerga »

Hello,

thank you very much for your kindly welcome. I will try to learn as much as possible, and to contribute when I'll be able to.

Graham, PM replied.

Best wishes.

Aser.