CCC/CTF v Hiarcs Headbangers Game 1 (25/07/2009)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Re: CCC/CTF v Hiarcs Headbangers Game 1 (25/07/2009)

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
tano-urayoan wrote:My question is why the need of a referee?
You control who could join your group, so if an anonymous persons shows up it raises questions, for the rest you know who is in your team, why so much paranoia?
They don't want to lose is the only thing I can think of Tano-Urayoan.

To me all I did was set up the same facility they had for us.

Now they want to see what we are doing in there. Or at least they want someone not in the team to do that. I think they think we would cheat. That is in itself hilarious.

Does every correspondence game have a referee? Even worse is that they expect us to vote here in a poll like way when they don't. I cannot refuse anyone from playing here if they want to, provided they are not in both teams. I have to trust people. The problem is Hiarcs don't trust anyone. I found that out recently. This is only another extension of that concept. It is not a surprise. Pity but it matters to them sooooo much.

Now we know.
you are posting crap and I think you know you are but so be it I am laughing. I have played more correspondence games, International team matches etc... than I am sure anyone in your team but you know best Chris.

You even do not trust your friend fonzy to be the referee.
tano-urayoan

Post by tano-urayoan »

Mr Williamson, why this game needs a referee? You are raising the reasonable doubt of possible cheating, this is a gentleman's game, or do you suspect our team will steal your analysis?
Harvey Williamson

tano-urayoan wrote:Mr Williamson, why this game needs a referee? You are raising the reasonable doubt of possible cheating, this is a gentleman's game, or do you suspect our team will steal your analysis?
Are you one of the secret 7? Do you know you can not join the team if you are not? Most people play fair - we have found some do not - what is the problem with a referee?

btw my name is Harvey:) I run the Hiarcs forum where we discuss our moves you can join our team there - there is some secret closed forum that is not part of ccc which ccc members can not join - we challenged ccc we would like to play them with a sane captain.
Last edited by Harvey Williamson on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spock

Post by Spock »

tano-urayoan wrote:Mr Williamson, why this game needs a referee? You are raising the reasonable doubt of possible cheating, this is a gentleman's game, or do you suspect our team will steal your analysis?
I have to agree with this. For a friendly match, a referee should not be necessary.
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Are you one of the secret 7? Do you know you can not join the team if you are not? Most people play fair - we have found some do not - what is the problem with a referee?

btw my name is Harvey:) I run the Hiarcs forum where we discuss our moves you can join our team there - there is some secret closed forum that is not part of ccc which ccc members can not join - we challenged ccc we would like to play them with a sane captain.
Are you implying I am insane?

Lest we forget Willy...it is you who started with the surname references.

If you can't remember (it is only a couple of posts ago) then i venture to suggest it is you who is going senile.
Harvey Williamson

Spock wrote:
I have to agree with this. For a friendly match, a referee should not be necessary.
We all know you will post on any forum in any thread that is anti Hiarcs or me. Your brother volunteered to be the referee - is he not trustworthy? I bet if Hiarcs was not involved you would not post.
Harvey Williamson

Christopher Conkie wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:

Are you implying I am insane?

Lest we forget Willy...it is you who started with the surname references.

If you can't remember (it is only a couple of posts ago) then i venture to suggest it is you who is going senile.
Senile happens to us all if we are lucky enough to live that long only you and Chris W have Ego's that border on insanity.
Spock

Post by Spock »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Spock wrote:
We all know you will post on any forum in any thread that is anti Hiarcs or me. Your brother volunteered to be the referee - is he not trustworthy? I bet if Hiarcs was not involved you would not post.
Both Graham and Steve are absolutely trustworthy.

What I was saying was that no referee should be required at all.
Harvey Williamson

Spock wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Spock wrote:

Ask Graham why it was needed in the match v the rybka forum - i think you will then change your mind,
Watchman

Post by Watchman »

Spock wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Spock wrote:

I fail to understand your logic, Spock. Look at the trouble just trying to start a game! That will go a long way to "explaining" why the need.

My question is: why not have an Arbiter? Even if the "setup" had proceeded smoothly (none of these squabbles had taken place) and a potential disagreement seemed so remotely impossible...

Why not have a backup plan (A Referee / Arbiter) in case there was "a" disagreement?
Rob O. / Watchman