Frayer's opinion expressed at the Rybka forum....

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

bob

Re: The Art of Proving Something (was Re: Facts

Post by bob »

Rolf wrote:
bob wrote: Wasn't intended to be funny. :) arguing with Rolf is bad enough. Arguing with a monkey is pointless. You just get random text spit back at you.
So, you are an expert for analysing similarities between Rolf and a monkey too? Who is speaking to you right now?
Unknown. And since I can't tell the difference between the two, I have no idea how to answer...

You are posting utter nonsense. And the bad thing is, I am convinced you don't realize just how nonsensical your comments really are. Again, you are trying to tell a surgeon how to conduct a complex procedure (to you) when it is really simple (to him). Until you realize that, the discussion is pointless.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

bob wrote:
Rolf wrote:
bob wrote: Wasn't intended to be funny. :) arguing with Rolf is bad enough. Arguing with a monkey is pointless. You just get random text spit back at you.
So, you are an expert for analysing similarities between Rolf and a monkey too? Who is speaking to you right now?
Unknown. And since I can't tell the difference between the two, I have no idea how to answer...

You are posting utter nonsense. And the bad thing is, I am convinced you don't realize just how nonsensical your comments really are. Again, you are trying to tell a surgeon how to conduct a complex procedure (to you) when it is really simple (to him). Until you realize that, the discussion is pointless.
He won't realize it....should have realized it by now if he wasn't a nutcase....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
bob

Re: Facts GPL Mantra

Post by bob »

sockmonkey wrote:
Rolf wrote:It was for free!
This is irrelevant. You can't distribute closed-source software that contains GPL'd code. Period. Sources must be included under the terms of the license. But you'll learn this in the course of your investigations, I suppose.

But I might comment that you are concentrating on the irrelevant fringes of the problem (sales, personalities, the open-source threat to the future of computer chess, beans) rather than the core of the issue.

Jeremy
That's because the "core" of this issue is cut-and-dried decided. So we go for obfuscation because clarification is not what he wants.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

bob wrote:
Rolf wrote:Excuse me, if I ask you. Have you seen the insults of Prof Hyatt against *me*?* I fear you are confusing something. This is here a forum to debate different opinions. I have treated Bob always with respect. But I was insulted several times by him.

So basically you are thinking that a debate with arguments is wrong if it contradicts a famous expert? But what is with my expertis? I have studied such topics about theories and their falsification and so far. Should I not have the right to be respected as well?

Even if hundreds here were with Prof Hyatt against the author of Rybka, even then their arguments wouldnt become better. I am no judge. I dont know who exactly is right or wrong, but I argue here against weaker arguments that are taken as sort of proof against Vasik Rajlich. And I can show that they are not.

But even if Bob is right in the end, we all here had the right to debate, no?

Take a closer look, I have stated several times that I respected Bob and that I thanked him for his many answers. So, dont worry, we have a debate, but Bob enjoys it and I enjoy it too because I can learn from this man. But that having said I do not refuse to use my own head in the debate. Even if I'm wrong, I have a right to publish my opinions just like you too.

ad *)

I was insulted by Prof Hyatt as

idiot
moron
monkey
etc.

someone who needed to take his medication
etc.

NB as psychologist these insults dont really hurt me because I have a lot of experience with such misbehavior of patients in my profession. So dont worry about me but therefore the insults as such are not right.
And you don't consider it insulting to continue to claim that I am biased, that I "hate" Vas, that I am making things up, that I am not considering _all_ possible explanations, etc? As if I had never done this process previously???

Would a surgeon feel insulted if you looked over his shoulder and kept up with a steady stream of "that incision was too long..." "you forgot to clamp that bleeder". "you were a little rough on that retraction, you should have been more careful." "That tissue you removed looked healthy to me, why did you remove it and incur prolonged recovery time for this patient?" "You sure have had him unconscious for a long time, do you know what you are doing?" "It sure is risky to do a transfusion, are you sure he has lost enough blood to justify that?" This to a surgeon that has done this procedure 1,000 times or more...

That is _exactly_ what you are doing here.
So, you are really serious with your claim?? Isnt it a bit unfair? Did you really felt challenged in your computerchess status by me? If yes then this here is really a madhouse, then computerchess freaks are even crazier than I ever believed.
But you cant be serious on that particular point, because how else you could have stated so many times that you also like to answer any thinkable question from laymen? I have stated more than once that you are for me the absolute number one expert. Do you think otherwise I would ask you so many questions? Hey Bob, you must have fallen into unneccessary depression somehow. I repeat, compare with you I am nothing in computerchess, did you read that?

Why and how then could I ever challenge you at all?? I, the declared zero in computerchess, and in special computer sciences? The answer is easy and I beg you to help me of letting diffuse that into the minds of our members here.

Wait I must ask another question before: What keeps me being interested in such conversations with you at all, for all because from time to time you become so insultive and for all considering that I am quite a bit the elder to you? Is it proving sort of anti-Hyatt-hate or such idiotic madness?

So, let me explain, although I think you must know the answer because I have explained that more than once. But the younger here might have missed that.

OOO First of all I am a chessplayer and because of a stupid handicap I am bound to play against computers or online because sitting on a chair for a game is impossible.
So, I was interested in computerchess since long.

OOO Secondly I am a psychologist and since my study I tried to connect my hobby interest with research. Therefore I studied research methods, stats etc.

OOO On the internet I met the chess groups with its political, economical and psychiatric identity problems. But for all the many nice persons from everywhere, mainly from the USA.

OOO Being a German always had for me a certain call for NOT exhibiting stuff like prejudices, hate and war lust, everything my forefathers had been famous for similar to what some Americans are standing for today. I am certainly not the oldest member here but among the 10 oldest for sure. Since I have children I have a certain look upon our daily problems, a very relative perception. Which is exactly what a professional psychologist must do.

OOO So all this together I dont belong to the silent majority. Unfortunately my English isnt higher levelled than what I learned at High school. Here is the first decisive link to you Bob, because how could I talk to someone who isnt able to figure out what I wanted to say. Also for being such a fidel interpreter I want to thank you.

OOO Another aspect is my intellectual interest what means I want to question everything because this is the method how I become familiar with new topics. I grew up with the motto, there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

OOO For all these aspects it's normal that conflicts of any content do interest me. And see above as a new German I always automatically join the weaker, the minority, the attacked, the insulted, but also the IMO higher and better personality. I simply like people who have no need to insult others but who carefully argue, Vasik comes to mind.

To be able to judge on me in at least a minimum of fairness members should be rather intelligent, academics, family experienced, almost senior age old and also experience in the state of being the foreigner in a group like this. Kids cannot evaluate at all what I should be worth for. I am not a computerchess programmer, no chess GM, no professor and not an imposter of sorts.

Those few who like me do know that practically everything what I write is meant tongue in cheek. To demonstrate that I had chosen the famous Einstein avatar. I thought (in vain) that this would already define the direction. But perhaps others thought this man is crazy, he cant be as smart as Einstein, certainly NOT, but perhaps as unconventional like Albert on this legendary picture. To then make it absolutely watertight I exaggerated my three locations. But I fear also that was in vain because I never got a funny remark on that one. Then I added another joke into my signature, well the one from years ago.

++++++++

Your person only in a single question. If you were so mistreated by my honest questions from me as the elder and also academic but only with interdisciplinary justification approaching you, why did you never say something like Rolf, this week I have classes, please leave me alone, if you come and nag me I will explode??

I have thousands of questions, you answered almost 900 of it, and suddenly, not for the first time BTW, you get into away from me mode with the darkest insinuations.

Again, if the momentary crisis brought you to the idioty that I would not respect you I can only publicly apologize and tell you that this is wrong.

Here I am not attacking you but painting Vas in a way that hate figures here could understand how scandalous that witchhunt really is.

That went so far that I invented the idea to have you two here in a debate/talk about the first period of Vas appearance until the Strelka event. For a second talk then the other half.

Unfortunately you didnt understand that this shouldnt be a court with a trial where you 4 mousquetiers played against one. That showed me an unexpected weakness in people who otherwise told me that they were 100% sure.

Is there no chance to have a sort of peace with mutual respect? I just wanted to ask you, are you already on rybkaforum? You tell me as what? I think I know who you are.

Why not making it possible that you speak with one another? That we can discard your best theory that Rybka 1 beta came from Fruit. etc.

Tell me under what conditions we could get peaceful talks between you and Vas? Thanks.

Rolf
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

bob wrote: Why don't you re-read his post? He explicitly mentioned things like "PopCnt" and such. Not evaluation and search code which _everybody_ knows can not be copied.
Did you find similarities for _these_ topics in the codes?? Show them. That is exactly what others doubt, as I could read, I am just a lay.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

bob wrote: Unknown. And since I can't tell the difference between the two, I have no idea how to answer...

a) I had expected that you would realise that you are talking to me and not a monkey. You cant really laugh about my humor?

b) Here we really are at the core of our problem. What do you want, Bob, do you want to be recognized just for the title and the hearsay of status? I tell you what is even better. If you were polite and would explain to a lay in polite words what he doesnt understand -- so that the readers understand something too, and must NOT only adore you blindly. Cant you come closer to my concept a little bit?

Bob, this here is a public communication and if I ask you something then it is as if a whole group asked you. It might look like something between us, but how could it be if I am zero?

Dont you realise that I try to be like a catalyst to 1) understand myself something better and 2) to let the audience profit from the talking? Such stuff is part of psychology, sorry.

Bob, are you not realising how many people have clicked on the whole thread? Did they do it because Frayer is named?? And why, if this is the context, cant you treat in special the invisible main person with a bit more respect? Just in your speech? Why must you demonstrate by your aggressive language what you actually think about Vas?

This here isnt either a courtroom nor a seminary in your university. Where you couldnt just say I ignore that. But on the internet it's different. He doesnt speak here just like all other professionals. In his forum he talks like you and me, totally normal. But as professional he doesnt always say what others expect. I found my idea very interesting with the Sticky thread where only he and you could enter something, nobody else, because what would it mean if all the hate speakers would open their mouth? Doesnt make sense. It's so cheap on the net to insult someone whom you would never meet in real life. If people want to know what Vas thinks, he has said something to all that, 3+ stuff, new 4, cluster cloud and all that. But that talk was for me a symbol for peace. And that had a healing effect on some overheated people.

I would expect that you here for CCC do NOT further insinuate that this here is a court against Vasik. Because that promisses something that will never come.

That you would further explain to your members in CCC what exactly your examination of the codes in snips really means. And what it cannot mean! This is mainly what I had in mind. Or would you say - Stop - I am the surgeon and it's enough if I say that Vas is guilty and end of the story?

If you mean it this way then I have misunderstood you all the time. Just tell me that you claim this from now on.

But honestly Bob, that wouldnt help either. Do you remember my address from the beginning? mistreatment in medical applications. So that is another of my favorites, the identification of failures among allegedly God-like experts mainly of course in real life. That has nothing to do with you in personal. It's just that this is another decent field of research. I hope you dont hate me for that one.

So, for me, it's already negative if a surgeon tells me to shut up, ok, unless I tip on his shoulder during the surgery... :)

But here in such a group I think all questions should be allowed. I can only confirm you that I have NEVER asked you something in serious when I just wanted to make you angry or stuff like that. No, my questions were always serious. Therefore I am so sad when you get into depression mode and begin to call me names.

Bob, please let's get to normal. And perhaps let's make a new try to fit the talk between you and Vas. OK?

Rolf
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Moderation has received multiple complaints about this thread
it has now been locked

CCC Moderation Team