Frayer's opinion expressed at the Rybka forum....

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Frayer's opinion expressed at the Rybka forum....

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Rolf wrote:What you are insulting is called adaption among smart men.
I didn't insult anyone,it's a fact....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Bugs is the protection.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Rolf wrote:What you are insulting is called adaption among smart men.
I didn't insult anyone,it's a fact....
Dr.D
Therefore I wrote what.
DomLeste

Post by DomLeste »

Tall Poppy Syndrome - is a pejorative term used in the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and Canada to describe a societal phenomenon in which people of genuine merit are criticised or resented because their talents or achievements elevate them above or distinguish them from their peers. :lol:

Last 4 years of this syndrome with rybka domination, some are having major symptons ;) All we need is some competition for number 1 engine, people are bored. If the other engines were within striking distance this wouldn't be an issue :)

Peace!
Last edited by DomLeste on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

DomLeste wrote:Tall Poppy Syndrome - is a pejorative term used in the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and Canada to describe a societal phenomenon in which people of genuine merit are criticised or resented because their talents or achievements elevate them above or distinguish them from their peers. :lol:

Last 4 years of this syndrome with rybka some are having major symptons ;) All we need is some competition for number 1 engine, people are bored. If the other engines were within striking distance this wouldn't be a issue :)

Peace!
Ahem, yes. Thanks. :)
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

jdart wrote:I don't agree at all. Rybka is a very considerable achievement and I don't have any reason to disrespect its author. I'm also a satisified customer. The only serious bug I've encountered is related to repetition detection (http://www.rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybka ... ?tid=10772) and that will be fixed in the next release, I would guess.
With Gian-Carlo you are another with merits who thankfully raised his voice in all the fog here. Respect! -Rolf
DomLeste

Post by DomLeste »

Rolf i have a solution after Rybka 4 Vas takes a sabbatical until 21-12-2012 While the other engines catch up. As the world crumbles Vas pulls out a engine 200 elo stronger to save us all ;) We all pay by gold by that time :lol:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Who is Frayer?
was he part of the Rybka team and now disillusioned or just an unhappy customer?

this message of his seems to be posted on all of the forums so i am just asking out of curiosity

Regards
Steve
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hello Dom,

indeed, this could be solved the problem.
On the horizont different engines are ready for take off. A question of time only.

Yesterday I saw a website with thousands of Rybka-Rybka games (different opening books only). I am thinking OK Frank, much computer chess people will see a new try with such a kind of testing.

After an "3-Years-Break" I wonder what the community do.

Unfortunately, the reality will be ... I am three years older and with more years more topics I can't understand.

The Robbo / Rybka topic is perhaps the doctoral theses by Rolf. Never saw a person which such an energy to clone topics. Rolf to do mischief, seems that this topic will give him the element of life. Outright OK for me, I have full understanding for everyone.

And for sure:
One person seems to be to 100% lucky :-)
Christmas time ...

Best
Frank

BTW:
Noboday else ... suddenly Fabian turn up.
This should be a horror vision for the Rybka-Rybka opening book freaks. All games should be replayed and all the opening books should be available in new versions.
Last edited by Frank Quisinsky on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Nobody know that I donwloaded differents of the opening books too :-)