To Moderation - personal attacks on Vas

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, bob, hgm

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Fguy64
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 2:51 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: To Moderation - personal attacks on Vas

Post by Fguy64 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:49 pm

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Fguy64 wrote: I'd have much less of a problem with being publicly told to go to hell than with being publicly maligned to a third party as if I wasn't there, when the maligner knew all along I was.
If I keep someone out of a discussion which then continues without further mention of him, I am protecting(not attacking) him.

Matthias.
Ahh. So Your remark "He should better be ignored." was intended to protect the person to which it referred. LOL. sure bud, whatever you say.

bob
Posts: 20918
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: Birmingham, AL

Re: To Moderation - personal attacks on Vas

Post by bob » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:15 pm

sockmonkey wrote:
bob wrote:I'm talking about the people that actually looked at and discussed this stuff. There's a whole lot more than "just a very small part"....
Is any of this analysis available for (semi-)public consumption? This whole he-said/he-said dance is annoying and I'd like to inform myself, if possible.

Thanks
Jeremy
It was all discussed here when this first broke. You should probably be able to find the original data that was presented if you search thru the archives. Unfortunately I do not remember exactly when this was.

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 34483
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: To Moderation - personal attacks on Vas

Post by Graham Banks » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:43 pm

Alexander Schmidt wrote: Have a nice day, don't forget your pills.
Are you sharing them, good doctor? :wink:
gbanksnz at gmail.com

Alexander Schmidt
Posts: 1098
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 12:49 pm

Re: To Moderation - personal attacks on Vas

Post by Alexander Schmidt » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:10 am

Graham Banks wrote:Are you sharing them, good doctor? :wink:
I can't help you, you need an expert.

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 34483
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: To Moderation - personal attacks on Vas

Post by Graham Banks » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:20 am

Alexander Schmidt wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:Are you sharing them, good doctor? :wink:
I can't help you, you need an expert.
Let's call it quits. Sorry if I offended you. You made light of the fact that my brother had his account deleted and that's what made me angry.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com

User avatar
Matthias Gemuh
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:10 am
Contact:

Re: To Moderation - personal attacks on Vas

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:38 am

Graham Banks wrote: You made light of the fact that my brother had his account deleted and that's what made me angry.

Cheers,
Graham.
Ray gone ? :(
Must have happened while I was away.

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de

Alexander Schmidt
Posts: 1098
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 12:49 pm

Re: To Moderation - personal attacks on Vas

Post by Alexander Schmidt » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:21 pm

Graham Banks wrote: You made light of the fact that my brother had his account deleted and that's what made me angry.
I am sorry, I did not know he is your brother, and I did not want to offend anyone.

Indeed, lets quit it.

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 34483
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: To Moderation - personal attacks on Vas

Post by Graham Banks » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:31 pm

Alexander Schmidt wrote:
Graham Banks wrote: You made light of the fact that my brother had his account deleted and that's what made me angry.
I am sorry, I did not know he is your brother, and I did not want to offend anyone.

Indeed, lets quit it.
I'd just like to add that people that I trust assure me that your work on detecting clones is invaluable, and that you're in no way associated with anything untoward. So any aspersions that I cast on your intentions being anything but genuine should be ignored by others.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com

Alexander Schmidt
Posts: 1098
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 12:49 pm

Re: To Moderation - personal attacks on Vas

Post by Alexander Schmidt » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:02 pm

Thank you Graham.

I was offended a lot for my opinion in the issue, and I do not mean by you.

That's why I became a little unobjective as well :)

Let's just forget it. My opinion is like it is, and i have no problems with other opinions.

Kind regards,
Alex

Post Reply