Rental Rybka what do Others think?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

S.Taylor

Re: Rental Rybka what do Others think?

Post by S.Taylor »

According to the interview, it seems that Rybka 6 is to be the last, if it gets to that at all, and that it would not be the main focus any more.
He said he was looking at about another 5 years for completion of Rybka, beforemoving on to other games like Go, etc.
This means that it is likely that it would be atleast 2 years until Rybka 5 and another 2 years until Rybka 6, and perhaps this second year we are waiting for rybka 4, might also get close to its conclusion too.
He also said that elo would not go up like it was, from version to version.

All his challenge to stay at the top, above Robolito, Stockfish etc, will be directed at his most expensive on-line rental version, which will cost $80-$100 per hour to use. On that cluster one, he will also implement things which will not be in the software of the home edition.

It seems like Rybka 3 was the last main version which was above the competition.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

S.Taylor wrote:According to the interview, it seems that Rybka 6 is to be the last, if it gets to that at all, and that it would not be the main focus any more.
He said he was looking at about another 5 years for completion of Rybka, beforemoving on to other games like Go, etc.
This means that it is likely that it would be atleast 2 years until Rybka 5 and another 2 years until Rybka 6, and perhaps this second year we are waiting for rybka 4, might also get close to its conclusion too.
He also said that elo would not go up like it was, from version to version.

All his challenge to stay at the top, above Robolito, Stockfish etc, will be directed at his most expensive on-line rental version, which will cost $80-$100 per hour to use. On that cluster one, he will also implement things which will not be in the software of the home edition.

It seems like Rybka 3 was the last main version which was above the competition.
I can't care less Shimon about Vasik's future releases for two main reasons:
_1.He has already lost his number one spot in the rating lists and now he's trying to squeeze every penny he can from his cluster version of Rybka....
_2.I lost my trust and respect toward this guy because of his lies and unrespectful moral manners toward his customers....

He can play with his Rybka alone,I am zero interested....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
BubbaTough

Post by BubbaTough »

I would not rent a chess program. I suspect there are not enough that would to make it more profitable to charge by the hour. If this is true, then I imagine Rybka 4 will eventually be released for desktop...even if that is not the current plan.

I find it shocking how much disrespect Vas is being shown here. What he does is his decision, he is trying to make a living in a very difficult area. It is perfectly appropriate for him to pay some attention to the bottom line. He is a true innovator in this field, and there is no question in my mind that many of the top chess programs would be much weaker if they did not have Rybka to play with. And I am not just talking about the "obvious" cases like Robolito.

-Sam
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

BubbaTough wrote:I would not rent a chess program. I suspect there are not enough that would to make it more profitable to charge by the hour. If this is true, then I imagine Rybka 4 will eventually be released for desktop...even if that is not the current plan.

I find it shocking how much disrespect Vas is being shown here. What he does is his decision, he is trying to make a living in a very difficult area. It is perfectly appropriate for him to pay some attention to the bottom line. He is a true innovator in this field, and there is no question in my mind that many of the top chess programs would be much weaker if they did not have Rybka to play with. And I am not just talking about the "obvious" cases like Robolito.

-Sam
Does a liar deserves respect in your opinion :!: :?:
I don't think so....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
BubbaTough

Post by BubbaTough »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote: Does a liar deserves respect in your opinion :!: :?:
I don't think so....
Some do, some don't. It depends who they are, what they have accomplished, and what they are lying about.

I'm sorry, I have been ignoring most of the vitriol being flung around here recently. Clearly you are really mad about something, but I'm not sure what it is.

-Sam
Dr.Ex

Post by Dr.Ex »

Promised Rybka 3 update I suppose.
chesstango

Post by chesstango »

I agree
Dr. Bernardo Wesler
INFORMATION DOESN'T REPLACE KNOWLEDGE AND KNOWLEDGE DOESN'T REPLACE WISDOM.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Dr.Ex wrote:Promised Rybka 3 update I suppose.
You suppose right....
Dr.D