Doch evaluation contest

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Don

Re: Doch evaluation contest

Post by Don »

I would urge anyone testing early versions of 1.3 to NOT use the personality even if it's the default.

But users of 1.3.4 will be able to.
DomLeste wrote:Lucky were here to keep you honest Don!

Once this is fixed we can start this contest count me in. Its only patience of the people creating stronger personality thats been tested :wink: I'm sure the personality testers will have some hairs left after all these false starts.
It was the classic software developers mistake. I rushed in a last minute change (using the personality files) and didn't check it out very well. But hey ... it's a free product so what do you expect :-)
noctiferus

Post by noctiferus »

1.3.4 ! :x
THanks so much for your engine.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Don wrote:I would urge anyone testing early versions of 1.3 to NOT use the personality even if it's the default.
Fortunately, I've always left the personality parameter <empty> and Doch has had impressive results as you can see in my Super Tournament X here: http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31227. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Don

Post by Don »

Graham Banks wrote:
Don wrote:I would urge anyone testing early versions of 1.3 to NOT use the personality even if it's the default.
Fortunately, I've always left the personality parameter <empty> and Doch has had impressive results as you can see in my Super Tournament X here: http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31227. :)
Did you switch to doch 1.3 in the middle of the tournamet? I noticed the early rounds used doch 1.2 but when I skipped to the last round it was doch 1.3
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Don wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Did you switch to doch 1.3 in the middle of the tournamet? I noticed the early rounds used doch 1.2 but when I skipped to the last round it was doch 1.3
The Doch 1.2 games were all replayed using Doch 1.3.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
DomLeste

Post by DomLeste »

Don have you set a deadline for the Doch Personality Contest yet?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein
Don

Post by Don »

DomLeste wrote:Don have you set a deadline for the Doch Personality Contest yet?
Ok, the deadline for admission will be on or before February 28.

I have 1 admission so far.
DomLeste

Post by DomLeste »

Ok thanks Don i send my personality before my holidays in 2 weeks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein