What is wrong with Doch in the Shredder GUI?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

tomgdrums

What is wrong with Doch in the Shredder GUI?

Post by tomgdrums »

I have tried every version of Doch in the Shredder GUI and I cannot get Doch to work. (the VERY first version worked)

I cannot get Doch to analyze a position. It just freezes up. Every verrsion does this.

Am I doing something wrong? I get all other engines to work. Just not Doch.

Thanks.
Graham Banks

Re: What is wrong with Doch in the Shredder GUI?

Post by Graham Banks »

tomgdrums wrote:I have tried every version of Doch in the Shredder GUI and I cannot get Doch to work. (the VERY first version worked)

I cannot get Doch to analyze a position. It just freezes up. Every verrsion does this.

Thanks.
I'll look now and get back to you.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Graham Banks wrote:
tomgdrums wrote:I have tried every version of Doch in the Shredder GUI and I cannot get Doch to work. (the VERY first version worked)

Thanks.
Doch 1.3.4 works okay for me in the Shredder 11 GUI. Running a match at present. Haven't tried to analyse a position though.
Have you tried the different compiles?

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

Graham Banks wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Thanks.
Doch 1.3.4 works okay for me in the Shredder 11 GUI. Running a match at present. Haven't tried to analyse a position though.
Have you tried the different compiles?

Cheers,
Graham.
Hi Graham!

Thanks for checking!! I have tried all of the JA compiles for windows for the past 3 Doch releases. I am using the Shredder 12 GUI. I haven't run any matches but that is because I am mostly concerned with analysis. So maybe the Shredder 12 GUI and Doch don't sync up for analysis??
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

tomgdrums wrote: Thanks for checking!! I have tried all of the JA compiles for windows for the past 3 Doch releases. I am using the Shredder 12 GUI. I haven't run any matches but that is because I am mostly concerned with analysis. So maybe the Shredder 12 GUI and Doch don't sync up for analysis??
I couldn't get Stockfish working under the Shredder 12 GUI, so I stuck with the Shredder 11 GUI.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Don

Post by Don »

Thanks.
Larry has tried the newest Doch in the Shredder 12 GUI and it works fine. He is able to analyze and do engine vs engine tournaments.
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

Graham Banks wrote:
tomgdrums wrote: Thanks for checking!! I have tried all of the JA compiles for windows for the past 3 Doch releases. I am using the Shredder 12 GUI. I haven't run any matches but that is because I am mostly concerned with analysis. So maybe the Shredder 12 GUI and Doch don't sync up for analysis??
I couldn't get Stockfish working under the Shredder 12 GUI, so I stuck with the Shredder 11 GUI.

Cheers,
Graham.

Wow chess engines are funny! I have had no problems with the latest Stockfish in the Shredder 12 GUI. Go figure?!?
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

Don wrote:

Thanks.
Larry has tried the newest Doch in the Shredder 12 GUI and it works fine. He is able to analyze and do engine vs engine tournaments.
So it must be me but I have never had this problem before with any other engine. When I ask it to analyze the move in infinite analysis it just keeps saying "waiting for engine doch" and does that a few times and then everything stops.

No other engine has ever done that before.

Any thoughts?
Don

Post by Don »

tomgdrums wrote:
Don wrote:

Thanks.
So it must be me but I have never had this problem before with any other engine. When I ask it to analyze the move in infinite analysis it just keeps saying "waiting for engine doch" and does that a few times and then everything stops.

Any thoughts?
Larry tried this exact thing in infinite mode and it worked fine.

Could it be OS version? Larry is using the Jim Ablett version, one of the broken ones.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

tomgdrums wrote:
Don wrote:

Thanks.

Any thoughts?
You might just be unlucky. Most could get Stockfish to work under Shredder 12, but a few of us couldn't, despite getting it working okay under Shredder 11. You could well be in the same unfortunate situation with Doch, although we've not heard of others with the same problem yet.
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com