The eventually upcoming police policy in the CCC....

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

djbl

Re: The eventually upcoming police policy in the CCC....

Post by djbl »

mariaclara wrote::idea: Darren,

this forum has a charter. We must abide by it. If you don't wanna, you gotta go.

Even if I am fighting for freedom of expression/speech, it still has to be within this forum's Charter. Posts must refrain from personal attacks. Insults, cursing, name-calling and the like.

freedom of expression/speech is not absolute.

even on the outside, it is so.

:!:
yes fine, but may i remind you that 'i' haven't insulted anyone at all at any time. however, i myself have been insulted a few times now (in defiance of the charter), even in this thread alone, so i fail to see why you are directing that comment at me. furthermore i fail to see where i went against the rules of this charter at any other time, in fact, i fail to see anywhere i did anything but promote the agenda of the charter. i saw nothing in the charter that said we must all accept without proof or question the claims of one man. so, once more rather than reminding me all the time that there is a charter blah blah (which i know and which i have read) and that i signed up for it etc, please show me where it was exactly that 'i' was in defiance of the charter, and therefore why you are directing those comments at me. i am not the one making (now or in previous posts) personal attacks, either overt or veiled, and this cannot be said for some other posts. i think should you anaylse this thread alone you will find this to be the case. i have been told twice more in this thread alone that there is a charter that i must abide by, and that is fine, i see no problem there at all, which is largely why i haven't at any time defied the charter.
markboylan

Post by markboylan »

djbl wrote:yes fine, but may i remind you that 'i' haven't insulted anyone at all at any time. however, i myself have been insulted a few times now (in defiance of the charter), even in this thread alone, so i fail to see why you are directing that comment at me. furthermore i fail to see where i went against the rules of this charter at any other time, in fact, i fail to see anywhere i did anything but promote the agenda of the charter. i saw nothing in the charter that said we must all accept without proof or question the claims of one man. so, once more rather than reminding me all the time that there is a charter blah blah (which i know and which i have read) and that i signed up for it etc, please show me where it was exactly that 'i' was in defiance of the charter, and therefore why you are directing those comments at me. i am not the one making (now or in previous posts) personal attacks, either overt or veiled, and this cannot be said for some other posts. i think should you anaylse this thread alone you will find this to be the case. i have been told twice more in this thread alone that there is a charter that i must abide by, and that is fine, i see no problem there at all, which is largely why i haven't at any time defied the charter.
All this talk about the charter is nonsense. You have no right to satisfaction, written or implied. You have the right to vote for moderators that you like -- or you can vote with your feet.
There's a fine line between a post and a signature.
Henrik Dinesen

Post by Henrik Dinesen »

markboylan wrote:
djbl wrote:yes fine, but may i remind you that 'i' haven't insulted anyone at all at any time. however, i myself have been insulted a few times now (in defiance of the charter), even in this thread alone, so i fail to see why you are directing that comment at me. furthermore i fail to see where i went against the rules of this charter at any other time, in fact, i fail to see anywhere i did anything but promote the agenda of the charter. i saw nothing in the charter that said we must all accept without proof or question the claims of one man. so, once more rather than reminding me all the time that there is a charter blah blah (which i know and which i have read) and that i signed up for it etc, please show me where it was exactly that 'i' was in defiance of the charter, and therefore why you are directing those comments at me. i am not the one making (now or in previous posts) personal attacks, either overt or veiled, and this cannot be said for some other posts. i think should you anaylse this thread alone you will find this to be the case. i have been told twice more in this thread alone that there is a charter that i must abide by, and that is fine, i see no problem there at all, which is largely why i haven't at any time defied the charter.
All this talk about the charter is nonsense. You have no right to satisfaction, written or implied. You have the right to vote for moderators that you like -- or you can vote with your feet.
Can he even vote?!
Henrik
mariaclara

Post by mariaclara »

:D Darren, Darren, Darren...............................

Please calm down.

take a deep breath, exhale slowly -

:D Smile.

I know you haven't defied CCC Charter. that is very clear.

I am not chiding you or lecturing you. just giving you friendly advice.

In Aikido, meet your attacker not by counter force, but by joining with his power/strength;
then, redirect use his force to calmly pacify him.

In Aikido, there is no attack/aggression...........

Please read between the lines. :wink: :wink:
Last edited by mariaclara on Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

................. Mu Shin ..........................
markboylan

Post by markboylan »

mariaclara wrote:Please read between the lines. :wink: :wink:
That's why she always double-spaces her posts. :wink:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

markboylan wrote:
mariaclara wrote:Please read between the lines. :wink: :wink:
That's why she always double-spaces her posts. :wink:
:lol: a good one....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
djbl

Post by djbl »

mariaclara wrote::D Darren, Darren, Darren...............................

Please calm down.

take a deep breath, exhale slowly -

:D Smile.

I know you haven't defied CCC Charter. that is very clear.

I am not chiding you or lecturing you. just giving you friendly advice.

In Aikido, meet your attacker not by counter force, but by joining with his power/strength;
then, redirect use his force to calmly pacify him.

In Aikido, there is no attack/aggression...........

Please read between the lines. :wink: :wink:
yes thats very nice of you, and thx for your advice, but just please tell me why that advice, that is, not to insult or personally attack other members was directed at my insult free post - a post that was sandwiched between several quite blatant personal attacks. i suggest that advice would be better received by those who are in the habit of insulting other members and making personal attacks etc. i myself have no need of this advice and i fail to see why you felt i did need it.
mariaclara

Post by mariaclara »

:D Darren

if you feel you have no need for such advice,

:arrow: so be it....

It is not compulsory... :wink:

No big deal.... :

Have a nice weekend....wink: :wink:

................. Mu Shin ..........................
markboylan

Post by markboylan »

djbl wrote:yes thats very nice of you, and thx for your advice, but just please tell me why that advice, that is, not to insult or personally attack other members was directed at my insult free post - a post that was sandwiched between several quite blatant personal attacks. i suggest that advice would be better received by those who are in the habit of insulting other members and making personal attacks etc. i myself have no need of this advice and i fail to see why you felt i did need it.
It's clear that you're ignoring me, but that's ok. I've been ignored by Presidents and Senators, so you're in good company.

Your problem is not with the charter. Your problem has more to do with differing interpretations of the charter. For every person in this forum who thinks, like you do, that there should be more freedom of expression, there is another who believes the forum should have more focus. It's a moderator's job to balance those desires and please as many people as he can, as best as he can. Mostly, that means they have to cater to the mainstream. If your views contrast that sharply with the mainstream, you're pretty much out of luck.

Personally, I'd rather enjoy a few personal insults thrown my way than all this crying about charters and moderation.
Bill Rogers

Post by Bill Rogers »

Michiguel
First of all you appearantely don't even have a clue as to what Spamming means, so quit using it in the wrong context. A spammer is a personn who is cutting into a site and trying to sell a product or at least keeps bragging about iit
Dr. Weeb is not selling anything or doing any bragging about anything, if any he is complaining about poster like you. I realize that you have only been a member here for a shpr while but you sure are opinionated for a reelative newbe.
I have been a member of this forum for about 10 or so years now so don't pretend to understand or know about it than I do. You have the right to epress your opinions just the same as everyone else here does but you don't have the right to start flame wars against anyone as it can eventually lead to your banisment.
Be Nice.
Bill