Dr Wael Rybka 4 May 10th 2010

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Lusakan

Dr Wael Rybka 4 May 10th 2010

Post by Lusakan »

Dr wael If you read German this should be interesting for you.

Go to this site: https://www.schachversand.de/e/detail/software/640.html

There is a release anouncement on top followed by text of an interview with Vas . I didnt get the impression Vas is shaking in his boots. :D

Google translator gives the interview thus:

Interview with the programmer of Rybka 4, Vasik Rajlich:

Rybka 4 is much stronger as compared with Rybka 3? What areas have been improved specifically? Is it possible to estimate the Elo of Rybka 4?

Rybka 4 is improved in many areas. The search is faster and more efficient, and the assessment is more accurate. I have worked on almost every area a little. A significant improvement is in the understanding of King attacks.

As for Elo - this is a question for the testers. The exact number will depend on the test conditions.

How do you go in the improvement of Rybka?

Normally I take me a field and prove to dozens of small changes, which I then held either reject or confirm, based on the results of an automated test procedure that I have developed over the last few years step by step.

The process is incremental - since Rybka 3 has over 3,000 unique Rybka versions given, and each plays differently.

How much improved Rybka, when multiple processors are used in parallel?

A good rule of thumb is if you double the number of processors, then increased Rybka "speed" by a factor of 1.7.

How would you describe Rybka's playing style ben? Rybka is in certain types of position openings or particularly strong? Recom-

You are missing a special opening book for Rybka 4?

Rybka's style evolved and I myself can not judge the likely best. What I can say, however, is that Rybka with time has become more aggressive and tactical. Rybka Rybka versions up to 2.3.2 were compared to other programs tactical relatively weak, and that's also noticed many grandmasters. As for computer chess, there are GMs in my experience, usually an interesting mix of ignorance regarding technical questions and a rather clever eye for the weaknesses of each program.

The improvement of tactical alertness was certainly in the last few years an important focus for me.

As for the opening book - author of the Rybka opening book is 4-Jiri Dufek. He has used for analysis and test of Lukas' cluster (see chessbase.com / newsdeteil.asp? Newsid = 5444), and this book is much deeper and more accurate than any other, which is currently available. It is noted that the book will be "objectively" - Jiri was keen to find the truth and not some variants that are Rybka. This is a deliberate decision of our team. Our goal is to provide objective analysis tools. That's what users want, and it also makes life a little easier Jiris, he must take care not about how Rybka developed.

What is the relation between search and knowledge in Rybka 4?

Knowledge guides the search - Rybka examine those things that say of him whom his heuristics, they are important.

By courtesy

ChessBase Magazine No. 135 / ChessBase GmbH
"you are OK, I am Ok"
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Dr Wael Rybka 4 May 10th 2010

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Thanks for the information to the ultimate unbeliever :wink:
Cheers,
Dr.D

P.S.I will support the guy never the less....I hope this time he improves his clients policy....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
BrandonSi

Post by BrandonSi »

announced for 2010/05/10

Not much of an argument to be made. They say 10 May 2010. When it comes we will see if Rybka 4 is released.

If it is, I will be happy to purchase it. My opinion, however, is that 10 May will come and go, and we will not see Rybka 4.
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Thanks for the information to the ultimate unbeliever.
Party over? Why so sad Wael?
P.S.I will support the guy never the less
Like you always have these past months? Of course you will.
I hope this time he improves his clients policy
So you will buy it?

:)

Christopher
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
So you will buy it?

Christopher
Yes Christopher,I will buy it and by the way the party has just started :wink:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
benstoker

Post by benstoker »

Lusakan wrote:Dr wael If you read German this should be interesting for you.

Go to this site: https://www.schachversand.de/e/detail/software/640.html

There is a release anouncement on top followed by text of an interview with Vas . I didnt get the impression Vas is shaking in his boots. :D

Google translator gives the interview thus:

Interview with the programmer of Rybka 4, Vasik Rajlich:

Rybka 4 is much stronger as compared with Rybka 3? What areas have been improved specifically? Is it possible to estimate the Elo of Rybka 4?

Rybka 4 is improved in many areas. The search is faster and more efficient, and the assessment is more accurate. I have worked on almost every area a little. A significant improvement is in the understanding of King attacks.

As for Elo - this is a question for the testers. The exact number will depend on the test conditions.

How do you go in the improvement of Rybka?

Normally I take me a field and prove to dozens of small changes, which I then held either reject or confirm, based on the results of an automated test procedure that I have developed over the last few years step by step.

The process is incremental - since Rybka 3 has over 3,000 unique Rybka versions given, and each plays differently.

How much improved Rybka, when multiple processors are used in parallel?

A good rule of thumb is if you double the number of processors, then increased Rybka "speed" by a factor of 1.7.

How would you describe Rybka's playing style ben? Rybka is in certain types of position openings or particularly strong? Recom-

You are missing a special opening book for Rybka 4?

Rybka's style evolved and I myself can not judge the likely best. What I can say, however, is that Rybka with time has become more aggressive and tactical. Rybka Rybka versions up to 2.3.2 were compared to other programs tactical relatively weak, and that's also noticed many grandmasters. As for computer chess, there are GMs in my experience, usually an interesting mix of ignorance regarding technical questions and a rather clever eye for the weaknesses of each program.

The improvement of tactical alertness was certainly in the last few years an important focus for me.

As for the opening book - author of the Rybka opening book is 4-Jiri Dufek. He has used for analysis and test of Lukas' cluster (see chessbase.com / newsdeteil.asp? Newsid = 5444), and this book is much deeper and more accurate than any other, which is currently available. It is noted that the book will be "objectively" - Jiri was keen to find the truth and not some variants that are Rybka. This is a deliberate decision of our team. Our goal is to provide objective analysis tools. That's what users want, and it also makes life a little easier Jiris, he must take care not about how Rybka developed.

What is the relation between search and knowledge in Rybka 4?

Knowledge guides the search - Rybka examine those things that say of him whom his heuristics, they are important.

By courtesy

ChessBase Magazine No. 135 / ChessBase GmbH
Why didn't they ask him if R4 is using any of the unique and new ideas found in the #$@%$#% engines?
BrandonSi

Post by BrandonSi »

Germain retailer / distributor topschach.de confirmed this "possible" release date. They are not officially announcing until they have physical product.
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote:
So you will buy it?

Christopher
Yes Christopher,I will buy it and by the way the party has just started :wink:
I know. Do you think Rybka 4 will be stronger than the Ippo things?

More importantly, do you think that some website will appear after a few years with open source of something that is stronger?

I personally think that one of the engines that we currently know (author known) will equal if not surpass it first.

Never say never.

Christopher
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Thanks for the information to the ultimate unbeliever :wink:
Cheers,
Dr.D

P.S.I will support the guy never the less....I hope this time he improves his clients policy....

"P.S.I will support the guy never the less....I hope this time he improves his clients policy "

WOW!

You folded faster than Superman on laundry day!

LOL!
Zagalo

Post by Zagalo »

Christopher Conkie wrote:...
Do you think Rybka 4 will be stronger than the Ippo things?
Rybka 4 should be stronger than Rybka 3.1!
More importantly, do you think that some website will appear after a few years with open source of something that is stronger?
Why a few years? It shouldn't take more than several months to disassemble R4. And this time they will not make the mistake with open source, they will just sell it for half the price of R4!