And finally....

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

metax

And finally....

Post by metax »

http://computerchess.org.uk/ccrl/404FRC/

1 Stockfish 1.7 64-bit 3213
2 Rybka 3 64-bit 3192

LOS 92.3%
Kurt Utzinger

Re: And finally....

Post by Kurt Utzinger »

LOL

1 3213 Elo = Stockfish 1.7 64-bit
2 3192 Elo = Rybka 3 64-bit
3 3138 Elo = Naum 4.2 64-bit
4 3127 Elo = Shredder 12

Kurt
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

:shock: Is it true? The Rybka fish has died? Bloated like a dead gold fish rising to the surface of some kid's fish bowl? Done in by a free engine?? A new world Champ? What does this all mean? My Goodness - I'm off to hunt Unicorns now! Why not? I doth tremble at the might of the developers of Stockfish!
Stephen Ham
Full name: Stephen Ham

Post by Stephen Ham »

metax wrote:http://computerchess.org.uk/ccrl/404FRC/

1 Stockfish 1.7 64-bit 3213
2 Rybka 3 64-bit 3192

LOS 92.3%
Thanks Luca. It's interesting though that the CCRL chose to first test Stockfish 1.7 at FRC, and a 40/4 time-control no less. While, their 40/40 time-control is still far too fast, it's closer to real chess time-controls than 40/4. Hopefully the SSDF will test Stockfish 1.7 soon, since I value their standard chess time-control testing the most.

Three cheers for Stockfish!

All the best,
Steve
Denis P. Mendoza

Post by Denis P. Mendoza »

Nimzovik wrote::shock: Is it true? The Rybka fish has died? Bloated like a dead gold fish rising to the surface of some kid's fish bowl? Done in by a free engine?? A new world Champ? What does this all mean? My Goodness - I'm off to hunt Unicorns now! Why not? I doth tremble at the might of the developers of Stockfish!
CCRL 40/4 FRC stats show that SF 1.7 overall performance was indeed a bit better than Rybka, yet 1% below against it :wink: . At least another "better" fish has taken a big leap on the ranks. Stockfish kept a good/fast scaling upon every release (in normal chess and FRC). It's expected already that it would surpass Rybka 3 sooner or later. Let's wait for the next release (SF 1.8 ?) as that may confirm the verdict!

In Rybka's case, being no. 1 is a difficult task. Now, it's a challenge for Vas and the rest to raise again the elo range to new heights.

We have to thank Ray Banks for the quick FRC tests.

40/4 FRC scores
Image[/url]

40/4 normal chess scores

40/4 FRC details for SF 1.7
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Stephen Ham wrote:It's interesting though that the CCRL chose to first test Stockfish 1.7 at FRC, and a 40/4 time-control no less. While, their 40/40 time-control is still far too fast, it's closer to real chess time-controls than 40/4.
Hi Stephen,

it's pretty hard to run hundreds of 40/40 games within two days of the engine's release. :wink:
I think Ray's done pretty well to get the FRC testing finished so quickly.
Stockfish will begin appearing in our 40/40 rating lists from the next update.
I agree that it would be great to see SSDF test Stockfish too.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com