HS-Masterbook 2.0.ctg

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Le Fou numerique

HS-Masterbook 2.0.ctg

Post by Le Fou numerique »

Hi,

Harry Schnapp made a new book for Fritz GUI and Aquarium: HS-Masterbook 2.0.ctg.

Regards,
Patrick
Graham Banks

Re: HS-Masterbook 2.0.ctg

Post by Graham Banks »

Le Fou numerique wrote:Hi,

Harry Schnapp made a new book for Fritz GUI and Aquarium: HS-Masterbook 2.0.ctg.

Regards,
Patrick
Excellent news! :D
Thanks to Harry for his efforts and to yourself for hosting it.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Patrick,

thats great, thanks Harry and Patrick!

I will try it out with SWCR and the next engine Critter 0.60 (after the still running Stockfish 1.7.1 JA test).

Best
Frank
Har

Post by Har »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi Patrick,

thats great, thanks Harry and Patrick!

I will try it out with SWCR and the next engine Critter 0.60 (after the still running Stockfish 1.7.1 JA test).

Best
Frank
Hello Frank,
Thank you old friend! :)
eberle

Post by eberle »

Thanks Harry and Patrick,
the HS-Masterbook is my favourite book when I play myself against engines.
Regards Dieter
Le Fou numerique

Post by Le Fou numerique »

Hi Frank,

In my first tournaments the book is balanced.

Look at Division Elite and Division Senior.

Regards,
Patrick
Frank Quisinsky

Hi Patrick,

can't sleep, so I can look.
Will do it in the next minutes.

I wrote a News-Ticker message to the new book.

http://www.schach-welt.de/spezial/compu ... icker.html

Congratulation for the CM title, for Harry too :-)

Today I phone with GM Jörg Hickl. I gave Jörg the info to the book. GM Jörg Hickl say all the time that he isn't an opening expert. But it's nice to have a good book and the information on the webpage. I hope that a lot of people will find the information.

Next issue 07 I will write an review about Aquarium for the chess magazine. Main topic will be the analyse and opening book book options. So I will set the information about Harry's book in the chess magazine too. I am sure it will be a good message for Harry.

In German:
Harry, wenn Du möchtest kannst Du mir einen kurzen Text zu Deinem Buch senden. Wichtig ist, ob bei der Aquarium GUI spezielle Bucheinstellungen zu beachten sind.

Thanks again!

Best
Frank
garybelton

Post by garybelton »

I hope this Harry Schnapp is a real person and I also hope Vasik can get the full weight of the law against him for what he did.
Har

Post by Har »

garybelton wrote:I hope this Harry Schnapp is a real person and I also hope Vasik can get the full weight of the law against him for what he did.
Hi gary belton,
This book is not available and don't exist for download.
Frank Quisinsky has made only a short intern experiment and he works
ONLY with Shredder and Canbaz books!
he can already confirm that!

Regards,
Harry
Frank Quisinsky

Hi,

I am thinking the book I added on SCHACHWELT is a new book by Harry. Later I saw that a book with the same size is a Rybka book. I don't know that.

So I checked the book for SWCR with 100 test games.
8 games from the book up to remis. 2 games from the book up to mate. Not interesting for me and the SWCR tourney.

Harry wrote me last week why I don't used his book for SWCR. I mailed him my test impressions and Harry answered ... I can delete the book on SCHACHWELT webpages.

I think computer chess is the big hobby from Harry and the person is over 80 years old ... if this is true. Harry try to make also a good work for the community.

Its very hard what I read in Rybka forum.

I never add the book on SCHACHWELT if I had the information that the Rybka team used it.

But all isn't a big topic I think.

Harry should developement his opening book and the Rybka webmaster should delete the thread.

The book is good and not a clone :-)
Harmless ...

Best
Frank

Ah, I delete the book last week on SCHACHWELT. Must say that Harry sent me in the past ... I working on Arena ... a lot of books for Arena webpages. So I am not checked that, thinking its a new book and Harry never speak about it that the book I added is an older book.

If Harry get now also problems with Patrick Buchmann (can understand if Patrick lost his interest too) Harry should add the book on an own webpages for people which have interest to download his work. Very easy ...
Last edited by Frank Quisinsky on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.