Komodo 1.1 JA update available

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

swami

Re: Komodo 1.1 JA update available

Post by swami »

Don wrote:I would like to add a few comments. Komodo 1.1 is improved mostly in the endgame play. The ELO gain is modest because we have been unable to spend much time working on it due to another chess related project that does not involved Komodo. But it still represents a clear improvement.
Hi Don,

First of all, thanks for the update to the engine. As for the "another chess related project", may I ask what it's about if that ain't a secret. OTOH, if that's indeed up for a surprise later on, then ignore my curious query.

Best wishes,
Swami
Don

Post by Don »

swami wrote:
Don wrote:I would like to add a few comments. Komodo 1.1 is improved mostly in the endgame play. The ELO gain is modest because we have been unable to spend much time working on it due to another chess related project that does not involved Komodo. But it still represents a clear improvement.
Hi Don,

First of all, thanks for the update to the engine. As for the "another chess related project", may I ask what it's about if that ain't a secret. OTOH, if that's indeed up for a surprise later on, then ignore my curious query.

Best wishes,
Swami
I don't think it's a secret. It's a program called s-chess or "seirawan chess" which is chess variant based on some minor rule changes.
yanquis1972

Post by yanquis1972 »

getting some less than stellar results early; all games feature pondering on...don't know if that's the cause or (more likely) just small sample size...it's so far 40 elo lower than K1 in 26 bullet games (1+1), -5 =4 +2 against shredder at 4+2, but to make up for it even with rybka after 8 games of 4+2.
James Constance

Post by James Constance »

IWB wrote:Hi
James Constance wrote:In Shredder Classic using multiPV=3, at each depth the GUI displays 3 lines, then just 1 line.
Works fine here, no problem with MV in the Classic!

Of course with an increasing depth it needs longer to output the 2nd and 3rd line, but that is that way for every engine!

Bye
Ingo
With me it is as Werner's post above showing the multiPV=2, i.e. it displays 2 lines, then 1 line for each depth. This is not so much a problem if using a scrolling display (i.e. with the "+" button activated to show more engine output); however, without the scrolling display, multiPV appears as just a single line as the multiple lines are overwritten with the single line.
IWB

Post by IWB »

Hi James,
James Constance wrote: ...

With me it is as Werner's post above showing the multiPV=2, i.e. it displays 2 lines, then 1 line for each depth. This is not so much a problem if using a scrolling display (i.e. with the "+" button activated to show more engine output); however, without the scrolling display, multiPV appears as just a single line as the multiple lines are overwritten with the single line.
It never occurs to me to use the non scrolling display, but I have to agree that if someone want to use your described feature combination the GUI could behave a bit more "flexible".

Bye
Ingo
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

I just finished a small 20 Game match with Deep Fritz 12 using 3 cores versus Komodo64 1.1. The time control was 15m+10s

Results:
Deep Fritz 12 +3/=14/-3
Komodo64 1.1 +3/=14/-3
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."