Komodo 1.2 update available

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Mark

Re: Komodo 1.2 update available

Post by Mark »

Don wrote:
yanquis1972 wrote:sad news about the other product...just hope it's for $$ & to support komodo in the long run. :twisted:
The other product is chess related but help keep my wife and dog fed. However this project could end up benefiting Komodo in the long run.

Don
I guess you're keeping quite for now about what it is?
Ron Langeveld

Post by Ron Langeveld »

Dear Don,

I know very little about the UCI protocol but I enabled the UCI logging in Aquarium's IDeA in order to find a clue why Komodo would not run stable. After some time IDeA stops when Komodo sends back the following strings :

<<info currmove e7f8 currmovenumber 1
<<info depth 13 time 2263 nodes 3622809 score mate -9 nps 1600796 pv e7f8 d7d8 g7e8 d8b8 g6g5 b5c7 g5h4 b8e8 f8g7 e4d5 h4h3 g2h3 g7h6 e8f7 b6b5 f7f6 h6h5 g3g4
<<info currmove e7f6 currmovenumber 2
<<info depth 13 time 2263 nodes 3622856 score mate -9 nps 1600816 pv e7f8 d7d8 g7e8 d8b8 g6g5 b5c7 g5h4 b8e8 f8g7 e4d5 h4h3 g2h3 g7h6 e8f7 b6b5 f7f6 h6h5 g3g4
<<bestmove e7f8 ponder d7d8

It looks like the mate evaluation is not handled correctly by Aquarium or the evaluation is formatted in a way that causes IDeA to stop.

Thanks for a wonderful engine btw. I hope that if this is a Komodo issue you will still be able to fix it with a 1.3 version.
Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Post by Gian-Carlo Pascutto »

Ron Langeveld wrote: It looks like the mate evaluation is not handled correctly by Aquarium or the evaluation is formatted in a way that causes IDeA to stop.
There is only 1 way to format mate scores in UCI and it's what you posted.
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Is there a way to get your Komodo official bin book to work within chessbase programs (Fritz)?

Thanks.
Don

Post by Don »

Werewolf wrote:Is there a way to get your Komodo official bin book to work within chessbase programs (Fritz)?

Thanks.
Only if the format of these kinds of books are an open standard and I have documentation on how it works.

But doesn't the interface already do this for you?
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

No I don't think the interface does. When i load up Komodo 1.2 within Fritz there are very few UCI options, one however is "use own book" and then you can name the book you want to use but without a file reference this is meaningless - i.e there's no way to select the book.

The only book formats I've seen work (easily) with Fritz are ctg. files and in-built UCI ones as Hiarcs does.

I don't suppose you'll produce a book in either of these formats?
Don

Post by Don »

Werewolf wrote:No I don't think the interface does. When i load up Komodo 1.2 within Fritz there are very few UCI options, one however is "use own book" and then you can name the book you want to use but without a file reference this is meaningless - i.e there's no way to select the book.

The only book formats I've seen work (easily) with Fritz are ctg. files and in-built UCI ones as Hiarcs does.

Is there any way to convert from polyglot book format to chessbase?
fern

Post by fern »

I would be enchanted if your new project is not merely another update of Komodo, already incredible strong, ion the league of the top 5, but a full width commercial approach with A gui and services of first class.
I have had every program you have produced in a way or another and I would be pleased if i can add another one.
Currently I am working -or better said, advising- with another chess programmer for a new, revolutionary GUI -God have mercy and make the project go ok- and so I am one of those convinced that the real gold age of chess programming is still in the beginning.
And of course if there are men skilled for that, you are one of those
My best
Fern
Don

Post by Don »

fern wrote:I would be enchanted if your new project is not merely another update of Komodo, already incredible strong, ion the league of the top 5, but a full width commercial approach with A gui and services of first class.
I have had every program you have produced in a way or another and I would be pleased if i can add another one.
Currently I am working -or better said, advising- with another chess programmer for a new, revolutionary GUI -God have mercy and make the project go ok- and so I am one of those convinced that the real gold age of chess programming is still in the beginning.
Let me put in my plea - make the GUI cross platform. Support Mac, Windows and Linux equally as well as uci and winboard protocol transparently.

And of course if there are men skilled for that, you are one of those
My best
Fern
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Don wrote:
Werewolf wrote:No I don't think the interface does. When i load up Komodo 1.2 within Fritz there are very few UCI options, one however is "use own book" and then you can name the book you want to use but without a file reference this is meaningless - i.e there's no way to select the book.

Is there any way to convert from polyglot book format to chessbase?
The answer is no,but it would be great if you develop a feature in Komodo to create an opening book from a pgn file....then I'll personally support you with a killer opening book,say up to 40 halfmoves....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….