Analysing with an engine - an idea

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Arpad Rusz

Analysing with an engine - an idea

Post by Arpad Rusz »

What if the human player could tell the engine during analysis that some key positions are draws or wins and to remember them by making a permanent hash entry?
I think that can improve a lot the speed of the analysis.
michiguel

Re: Analysing with an engine - an idea

Post by michiguel »

Arpad Rusz wrote:What if the human player could tell the engine during analysis that some key positions are draws or wins and to remember them by making a permanent hash entry?
I have been doing that with Gaviota for almost a decade already. Just placed an epd entry in the file "learn.epd" and restart the engine. It is the best way to analyze a position.

Maybe I should make this process a bit more friendly if anybody would use it.

Miguel
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Analysing with an engine - an idea

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

michiguel wrote:
Arpad Rusz wrote:What if the human player could tell the engine during analysis that some key positions are draws or wins and to remember them by making a permanent hash entry?
I have been doing that with Gaviota for almost a decade already. Just placed an epd entry in the file "learn.epd" and restart the engine. It is the best way to analyze a position.

Maybe I should make this process a bit more friendly if anybody would use it.

Miguel
Would be a great idea Miguel,but remember that the user must be a strong chess player like yourself to be able to make correct entries....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….