Yasser Seirawan’s book Chess Duels

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

JAMerolle

Yasser Seirawan’s book Chess Duels

Post by JAMerolle »

On the front cover Yasser has Fishers name on it, does anyone know if Yasser had some games against Fischer? At first I thought this might be an attention getting but then I remember that Yasser was instrumental with the 92 return and perhaps they did some sparring.

If anyone can add some clarity to this that would be great.

Regards

Joseph
Albert Silver

Re: Yasser Seirawan’s book Chess Duels

Post by Albert Silver »

JAMerolle wrote:On the front cover Yasser has Fishers name on it, does anyone know if Yasser had some games against Fischer? At first I thought this might be an attention getting but then I remember that Yasser was instrumental with the 92 return and perhaps they did some sparring.

If anyone can add some clarity to this that would be great.

Regards

Joseph
I received a copy a day or two ago. There are no games against Fischer. It does contain a lengthy chapter concerning Fischer, what he meant to Seirawan, and of course Seirawan's encounters with him. About 35 pages or so. The book itself is over 400 pages long, and contains many games commented in detail, with numerous anecdotes and stories. I've barely scratched the surface so far, but what I've seen says it is a good buy.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
JAMerolle

Post by JAMerolle »

I would love to know more about their encounters , perhaps I will buy the book. I dont think Yasser has ever talked about it.
Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans »

JAMerolle wrote:I would love to know more about their encounters , perhaps I will buy the book. I dont think Yasser has ever talked about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLrGObRPA3k