Spark 0.4's big opening book

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Jamal Bubker

Spark 0.4's big opening book

Post by Jamal Bubker »

Hi Wael !
Could you please provide a link for your spark's bigger opening book ?

Thanks in advance,

Friendly,

Jamal
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Spark 0.4's big opening book

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

I will,in a few days :D
It adds 30-40 Elo to the engine when playing matches,at least this is what I estimated after 200 games against it's little brother 8-)
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

SzG wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:I will,in a few days :D
It adds 30-40 Elo to the engine when playing matches,at least this is what I estimated after 200 games against it's little brother 8-)
Dr.D
Relative to playing without book?
Relative to playing with it's own small opening book which comes with the engine :D
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Jamal Bubker

Post by Jamal Bubker »

Ok Thanks very much Wael !
If it adds 30-40 elo to Spark, then it will be worth waiting a couple of days for your release :D

Friendly,

Jamal
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Jamal Bubker wrote:Ok Thanks very much Wael !
If it adds 30-40 elo to Spark, then it will be worth waiting a couple of days for your release :D

Friendly,

Jamal
You welcome....in many games played,over 200 by now,I observe +0.70 out of book when playing against spark.bbk....the opening book is 40 halfmoves and it's created from a very special database of mine,private of course :P
Cheers,
Dr.D
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

Friendly,

Jamal
You welcome....in many games played,over 200 by now,I observe +0.70 out of book when playing against spark.bbk....the opening book is 40 halfmoves and it's created from a very special database of mine,private of course :P
Cheers,
Dr.D

I have never created a book before and am under no delusion that I can create a book that would benefit an engine, BUT I have been toying around with creating some repertoire books to practice against.

Say, creating a book of Anand playing as Black against 1.e4. Or even Anand against the Ruy Lopez.

Does that seem like it would be beneficial for practicing against? Or would I really need to weed the book to make it worth my while.

Thanks!
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

tomgdrums wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

Friendly,

Jamal
Cheers,
Dr.D

I have never created a book before and am under no delusion that I can create a book that would benefit an engine, BUT I have been toying around with creating some repertoire books to practice against.

Say, creating a book of Anand playing as Black against 1.e4. Or even Anand against the Ruy Lopez.

Does that seem like it would be beneficial for practicing against? Or would I really need to weed the book to make it worth my while.

Thanks!
It's beneficial if you're practising a specific opening system,then yes....
For general practice though,you need a wider book in my opinion....
Cheers,
Dr.D
Allard Siemelink

Post by Allard Siemelink »

Dr.D
Sounds great.
If you can send me an e-mail after you have uploaded the book,
I'll adjust the (currently broken) link to your book on my website.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Allard Siemelink wrote:
Dr.D
Sounds great.
If you can send me an e-mail after you have uploaded the book,
I'll adjust the (currently broken) link to your book on my website.
Great :D
I'll e-mail you the download link so that it can be downloaded from Spark's official site....
BTW,I'll simply call it spark.bbk....

P.S.Just checked my ongoing match against the small spark.bbk and after a 280 games out of 400 the Elo difference is already around 42 Elo,so I hope to be a constant one in the end....
Dr.D