Accounts to delete

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Accounts to delete

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
sockmonkey wrote:
michiguel wrote:
sockmonkey wrote:
S.Taylor wrote:But this too, might break up this whole, long-established club, which is not very nice.
It would surely be better if ccc/ctf could be improved instead.
Maybe you've inadvertently hit the nail on the head. OpenChess isn't a club, it's a discussion forum. Clubs are exclusive. We're inclusive.

Jeremy
This is a bizarre comment because you don't believe elections will work in your forum (you just "like" them). Ironically, you were elected here. You were the majority, and left because you could not control the "minority", not because your philosophy was proscribed. And somehow, this club is "exclusive" because you were recommended to move certain threads to another sub-forum. That is debatable, but certainly not exclusive.

Miguel
I'm not sure if elections will work, is what I said. Priority 1: uncensored discussion, Priority 2: democracy. It's quite simple.
I am sure they will work at your place.

You are not scared of making elections there are you?

:lol:

Be serious Jeremy. I understand that you want to control your own place....just don't say it is democratic because it's not. It is a dictatorship as is your right if you pay the bills.

So what is different?

The boot may well be on the other foot soon which would be quite amusing all things considered.

Imagine all those false sign-ups coming your way soon........

Democracy? You can't have that without free and fair elections.

When are you going to set them up?

:)

Chris
Totally agreed here....btw,it's already happening....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
A two headed medusa lived once in a far mountain....one of it's heads was an alcoholic,drink big amounts of alcohol all night long,the other head hated alcohol and never consume it....
Once the sobor head said:I am pissed off of you drinking all night long everyday....
The drunk head asked:why,do I bother you?
The other head said:Of course you bother me....you drink all night long and in the morning the two of us puke all day long :lol:

:wink:
:P
good stuff!!

the compelling issue now remains

will we have enough members left here ...interested in open and free discussion... to oppose Banks & Co's Team when elections come around next month?
it seems they just might win the great Derivative debate through attrition

Pre-election Posturing Regards
Steve
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Steve B wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
A two headed medusa lived once in a far mountain....one of it's heads was an alcoholic,drink big amounts of alcohol all night long,the other head hated alcohol and never consume it....
Once the sobor head said:I am pissed off of you drinking all night long everyday....
The other head said:Of course you bother me....you drink all night long and in the morning the two of us puke all day long :lol:

good stuff!!

will we have enough members left here ...interested in open and free discussion... to oppose Banks & Co's Team when elections come around next month?

Steve
My answer is definitely yes....all the so called quitters from this forum will rush like wild horses to take part in the elections,I am 100% sure....
May the cause of freedom live forever regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
lmader

Post by lmader »

Steve B wrote:the compelling issue now remains

Steve
Exactly - they can have it their way. I, for one, am glad to have a new option now. I look forward to OpenChess.
"The foundation of morality is to have done, once for all, with lying; to give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibilities of knowledge." - T. H. Huxley
benstoker

Post by benstoker »

Steve B wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

good stuff!!

Steve
It's a win-win situation. No need at all for ill-will. Everybody is getting what they want. Those who prefer governance under a policy of censorship have their forum right here. The stated policy of censorship is guided by the principle of whether some engine is "questionable" or not. That's simple enough and requires little elaboration. Thus, if someone merely raises a question about the legitimacy of an engine, proof being unnecessary, links to the 'questionable' engine are deleted and further discussion is removed from the public sub-forums and shuttled over to a secret members-only sub-forum. Sometimes posting of games by the 'questionable' engines is forbidden, sometimes not. All the while, no proof is required to justify the 'questionable' stamp on an engine -- the only exception is one certain commercial engine that is said to be 'questionable' by some, but for this engine only, the 'questionable' label does not result in censorship.

Those who prefer a forum that does not have the above-described censorship policy based on the Selectively Applied 'Questionable' Principle, now have their own forum to discuss issues free of this sort of censorship, aggressive moderation and secret society sub-forums.

Now everybody can be happy. Aren't you happy?
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

benstoker wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

good stuff!!

Steve
It's a win-win situation. No need at all for ill-will. Everybody is getting what they want. Those who prefer governance under a policy of censorship have their forum right here. The stated policy of censorship is guided by the principle of whether some engine is "questionable" or not. That's simple enough and requires little elaboration. Thus, if someone merely raises a question about the legitimacy of an engine, proof being unnecessary, links to the 'questionable' engine are deleted and further discussion is removed from the public sub-forums and shuttled over to a secret members-only sub-forum. Sometimes posting of games by the 'questionable' engines is forbidden, sometimes not. All the while, no proof is required to justify the 'questionable' stamp on an engine -- the only exception is one certain commercial engine that is said to be 'questionable' by some, but for this engine only, the 'questionable' label does not result in censorship.

Those who prefer a forum that does not have the above-described censorship policy based on the Selectively Applied 'Questionable' Principle, now have their own forum to discuss issues free of this sort of censorship, aggressive moderation and secret society sub-forums.

thats alot of words to describe a forum that has been set up here that only registered lurkers cannot read
in essence you have created a whole new forum in order that Unregistered lurkers have something to read to wile away the
hours
because once they register we are in basically the same place
i cant help think that this is an excuse to cut and run from this forum and that the plans to create the new forum have been in place for some time
but i have no problem with that
this forum was created 13+ years ago by a group unhappy with the RGCC
have a nice life

Steve
Last edited by Steve B on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benstoker

Post by benstoker »

Steve B wrote:
benstoker wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

good stuff!!

Steve

thats alot of words to describe a forum that has been set up here that only registered lurkers cannot read
in essence you have created a whole new forum in order that Unregistered lurkers have something to read to while away the
hours
because once they register we are in the same place basically
i cant help think that this is an excuse to cut and run from this forum and that the plans to create the new forum have been in place for some time
this forum was created by a group unhappy with the RGCC
have a nice life

Steve
"have a nice life" is an epithet. You are still unhappy and apparently feel threatened that an alternative forum was created for those who desire uncensored discussions. There is no reason for you to be unhappy or feel threatened.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

benstoker wrote:
Steve B wrote:
benstoker wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

good stuff!!

Steve

in essence you have created a whole new forum in order that Unregistered lurkers have something to read to while away the
hours
because once they register we are in the same place basically
this forum was created by a group unhappy with the RGCC
have a nice life

Steve
"have a nice life" is an epithet. You are still unhappy and apparently feel threatened that an alternative forum was created for those who desire uncensored discussions. There is no reason for you to be unhappy or feel threatened.
i fought for open discussion as moderator and am certainly not part of the "closed Camp"
i am not unhappy or threatened
in fact..as it is nearing the end of the work week i am feeling quite happy and carefree
would you be more comfortable with
Have A nice Weekend Regards?
Steve