Page 3 of 3

Re: Let's get back to Reality in our scene

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:06 pm
by Rolf
bob wrote: And when A copies B but explicitly denies anything was copied... the term "poor ethical behaviour" is the first thing that comes to mind.
Point is that if you say this it hasnt the same power as if it had been written in the verdict of a court case. So who cares what you are saying? You are no judge. Overall we must see that if something isnt ruled out in court there is no different way to make a private, sort of lynch verdict. Therefore I say, if you show no interest in a court case then there cant be something illegal of any sorts. There rest is campaigns to slowly defamate someone's name. I didnt know that this is the CC method of choice.

Therefore I repeat my call for a new acceptance of reality without private justice.

Re: Let's get back to Reality in our scene

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:28 pm
by bob
Rolf wrote:
bob wrote: And when A copies B but explicitly denies anything was copied... the term "poor ethical behaviour" is the first thing that comes to mind.
Point is that if you say this it hasnt the same power as if it had been written in the verdict of a court case. So who cares what you are saying? You are no judge. Overall we must see that if something isnt ruled out in court there is no different way to make a private, sort of lynch verdict. Therefore I say, if you show no interest in a court case then there cant be something illegal of any sorts. There rest is campaigns to slowly defamate someone's name. I didnt know that this is the CC method of choice.

Therefore I repeat my call for a new acceptance of reality without private justice.
Point is, it is not _just_ me that is saying this. You seem to overlook that. If you want to say I am biased, please explain what I have to gain? I see no upside to this other than to illuminate the truth... I've already played in tournaments with Rybka. Doesn't bother me. There have been other well-known programs that started in life as GnuChess. It's happened before. It happened in the Fruit/Rybka case. It will happen again...

Re: Let's get back to Reality in our scene

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:30 pm
by Alexander Schmidt
Rolf wrote:I found out the secret of the Rybka envy and hate.
You offended me many times in a disrespectful and insulting way. The hate is on your side, not on mine.

Now all what I said turned out to be probably true.
Rolf wrote:Why the community should apologize to Vasik Rajlich
You should apologize to me.

You should apologize to the Ipp*** developers.

VR should apologize to his customers for necleted promises.

VR should apologize to Fabien Letouzey for useing Fruit code and making dollars with it.

All current and past moderators should apologize to the comunity for not banning you from this board. :lol:

Re: Let's get back to Reality in our scene

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:44 pm
by Dr.Wael Deeb
Alexander Schmidt wrote:
Rolf wrote:I found out the secret of the Rybka envy and hate.
You offended me many times in a disrespectful and insulting way. The hate is on your side, not on mine.

Now all what I said turned out to be probably true.
Rolf wrote:Why the community should apologize to Vasik Rajlich
You should apologize to me.

You should apologize to the Ipp*** developers.

VR should apologize to his customers for necleted promises.

VR should apologize to Fabien Letouzey for useing Fruit code and making dollars with it.

All current and past moderators should apologize to the comunity for not banning you from this board. :lol:
All your points are valid Alexander except for the last one....

Rolf should be tied to a tree and burned like they used to do in the middle ages when they wany to get rid of a nasty witch :lol:

All other approaches will fail :wink:

Re: Let's get back to Reality in our scene

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:11 pm
by Christopher Conkie
Alexander Schmidt wrote:All current and past moderators should apologize to the comunity for not banning you from this board. :lol:
We did in CTF, last term. You should apologise to us.

:)

Chris

Re: Let's get back to Reality in our scene

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:56 pm
by Alexander Schmidt
Christopher Conkie wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote:All current and past moderators should apologize to the comunity for not banning you from this board. :lol:
We did in CTF, last term. You should apologise to us.

:)

Chris
My bad. I beg for apologizes :)

Re: Let's get back to Reality in our scene

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:21 pm
by Rolf
Alexander Schmidt wrote:
My bad. I beg for apologizes :)
No reason because what the guy said was false. 100% false. -

A general comment on the actual situation. I agree with those who complained about censorship. Actually mods (who exactly is unknown to me) delete whole parts of communication e.g. between Bob and me. I was told that I should stop to accuse Bob, now it were Vasik's job to argue for himself - not mine.

Honestly I never really saw such a mod hybris. Havent we ourselves an honor as indiciduals? But here we are treated as if we were kids...!

I protest against a moderation that does as if seniors like Bob and me had no idea of how they should behave in a serious topic, but we do know it. The evil of the whole events is that the deleted parts are replaced by some nonsense from SteveB who advised me to visit the Open Forum, then in a most inhuman way I am treated like the slaves 200 years ago, when I am weighed out against BB - all, as if we were cattle or slaves. Disgusting!!

And then the lies about me having been banned which is untrue. So, I think actually we have a total chaos in CCC.



It's very insultive how some here hijacked a thread where I tried to argue for coming back to normality and friendly relations in computerchess.

Re: Let's get back to Reality in our scene

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:36 pm
by Christopher Conkie
Rolf wrote:
Alexander Schmidt wrote:
My bad. I beg for apologizes :)
No reason because what the guy said was false. 100% false. -

A general comment on the actual situation. I agree with those who complained about censorship. Actually mods (who exactly is unknown to me) delete whole parts of communication e.g. between Bob and me. I was told that I should stop to accuse Bob, now it were Vasik's job to argue for himself - not mine.

Honestly I never really saw such a mod hybris. Havent we ourselves an honor as indiciduals? But here we are treated as if we were kids...!

I protest against a moderation that does as if seniors like Bob and me had no idea of how they should behave in a serious topic, but we do know it. The evil of the whole events is that the deleted parts are replaced by some nonsense from SteveB who advised me to visit the Open Forum, then in a most inhuman way I am treated like the slaves 200 years ago, when I am weighed out against BB - all, as if we were cattle or slaves. Disgusting!!

And then the lies about me having been banned which is untrue. So, I think actually we have a total chaos in CCC.

It's very insultive how some here hijacked a thread where I tried to argue for coming back to normality and friendly relations in computerchess.
You were banned from Thursday September 3rd, 2009 at 2:43 am until Thursday September 17th, 2009 at 2.43 am.

Are you saying you don't remember?

No more lies please Rolf.

Re: Let's get back to Reality in our scene

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:17 pm
by Alexander Schmidt
Rolf wrote:It's very insultive how some here hijacked a thread where I tried to argue for coming back to normality and friendly relations in computerchess.
For what should I apologize?

I have no problem to come back to normality. But if I would have insulted people like I was insulted, I would apologize first bevor I would say one single word. But you come back and want me to apologize at VR? For what? For saying the truth?

People called me hacker, cloner, thief, liar, hater, go to hell where you belong, concret between the ears, no brain and so on, and I am still answering PM's from people who think I am involved in illegal activities. Just because of some lies of some guys here. And I should apologize?

Re: Let's get back to Reality in our scene

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:40 pm
by Steve B
Alexander Schmidt wrote:
Rolf wrote:It's very insultive how some here hijacked a thread where I tried to argue for coming back to normality and friendly relations in computerchess.
For what should I apologize?

I have no problem to come back to normality. But if I would have insulted people like I was insulted, I would apologize first bevor I would say one single word. But you come back and want me to apologize at VR? For what? For saying the truth?

People called me hacker, cloner, thief, liar, hater, go to hell where you belong, concret between the ears, no brain and so on, and I am still answering PM's from people who think I am involved in illegal activities. Just because of some lies of some guys here. And I should apologize?
no
what you should do is run for moderator next month
i think there will Team elections this time

Team Unity Regards
Steve