A Question for Our Sponsor..IPPO Links OK or Not??

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Rolf

Re: Why always attacking the Champion? (Psychological questi

Post by Rolf »

Milos wrote:
bob wrote:Don't see where that applies here. It is not so "fundamentally transformed that it becomes a new work" when you can find duplicate blocks of code...
However, it perfectly applies to Ippo/Rybka issue.
Ippo is exactly fundamentally transformed that it becomes a new work and Vas as the holder of the copyright of the work—from which such a “transformative derivative work” is derived—has absolutely no rights over it and of course he knows it. This perfectly explains his behavior.
Let analyse this criminal approach. Assumed that it's correct against Vas in relation to Fruit, what I dont support or accept, for me it counts what Vas said about it, namely NOT what our Bob wants to insinuate! - then there is still a huge difference in the two cases.

Vas didnt harm Fabien in any thinkable respect. More, Fabien didnt even think of sueing Vas, he didnt care at all, despite the GPL blabla from Bob and comrades.

But these anon jerks of Hipa, they are criminals and this would be clear as soon as they would appear under a real name and legally relevant address. Talking about the Law in Europe. Not China or Russia. A third condition is that the income must be a bit higher than social transfer donations and welfare. So, the real source is pretty feasable. These anons are either kids, underaged as proxies, poor workless programmers or weak immigrants who are outcasts and therefore enjoy the freedom on the internet without having to fear social discrimination because they are already discriminate enough (NB I dont applaud their fate) -, so, yes this explains why a man of real and rational mind isnt wasting his time with such deranged people or bystanders who are trying to nag Vas with irrelevant questions and comments.

So basically, the question exists why people like you want to express a certain satisfaction about the mess the anon jerks had put Vas into. Whast is your personal motif? What has Vas done against you so that you appear in public like a supporter of criminals?

Just curious. But now you will dive away, correct?

Look, I am so honest that I declare, that if here or elsewhere something could be proven against Vas then I would convert but not due to a dirty campaign incl. character defamation.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
Milos

Post by Milos »

Rolf wrote:These anons are either kids, underaged as proxies, poor workless programmers or weak immigrants who are outcasts and therefore enjoy the freedom on the internet
Open racism.
What has Vas done against you so that you appear in public like a supporter of criminals?
Accusing ppl that they are supports of criminals is a libel and a personal attack.

Moderation should react and delete this anon troll posting.
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Better yet, they should ban Rolf from here permanently...
mariaclara

Post by mariaclara »

Hey dude,

if you can 't say/post anything nice,

maybe you should shut up ? :roll: :?:

Rolf wrote:
Let analyse this criminal approach. Assumed that it's correct against Vas in relation to Fruit, what I dont support or accept, for me it counts what Vas said about it, namely NOT what our Bob wants to insinuate! - then there is still a huge difference in the two cases.

Vas didnt harm Fabien in any thinkable respect. More, Fabien didnt even think of sueing Vas, he didnt care at all, despite the GPL blabla from Bob and comrades.

But these anon jerks of Hipa, they are criminals and this would be clear as soon as they would appear under a real name and legally relevant address. Talking about the Law in Europe. Not China or Russia. A third condition is that the income must be a bit higher than social transfer donations and welfare. So, the real source is pretty feasable. These anons are either kids, underaged as proxies, poor workless programmers or weak immigrants who are outcasts and therefore enjoy the freedom on the internet without having to fear social discrimination because they are already discriminate enough (NB I dont applaud their fate) -, so, yes this explains why a man of real and rational mind isnt wasting his time with such deranged people or bystanders who are trying to nag Vas with irrelevant questions and comments.

................. Mu Shin ..........................
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Milos wrote:
Rolf wrote:These anons are either kids, underaged as proxies, poor workless programmers or weak immigrants who are outcasts and therefore enjoy the freedom on the internet
Open racism.
What has Vas done against you so that you appear in public like a supporter of criminals?
Accusing ppl that they are supports of criminals is a libel and a personal attack.

Moderation should react and delete this anon troll posting.
Perhaps you misunderstand. I wrote that to me it appeared as if you.... etc. That doesnt mean that I accuse you of anything that really is support of criminals. If that still insulted you I want to excuse myself.

You also misunderstood as if I would insult migrants when in truth I just mentioned that those could not be sued by Vas even if we knew that they are these anons. This was just explaining our law system. Which means that you cant sue someone who doesnt have satisfactory financial power. You might win the trial but still you dont get back your investment.

Look, if you would care about the situation that Vas has to bear, perhaps you would not be so tolerant towards these anons. I am just a reporter here, the activists are others.

Here in CCC we allow the argument for both sides, not just for the anons like in the prejudiced Open Forum. We have more science in CCC. Read what Steve wrote to Graham today.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
Mincho Georgiev

Post by Mincho Georgiev »

I want to excuse myself.
More likely, he should excuse you instead :lol:
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

mariaclara wrote:Hey dude,

Rolf wrote:

Marie,what do you expect of a guy who trolls for months just to recieve his free copy of Rybka 8-)

It's realy amazing what people are capable of for a....
bunch of dollars regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

Rolf wrote:

Marie,what do you expect of a guy who trolls for months just to recieve his free copy of Rybka 8-)

Dr.D
Paid to Troll?? No, Rolf does what comes naturally. :wink:
Terry McCracken
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Terry McCracken wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

Rolf wrote:

Dr.D
Paid to Troll?? No, Rolf does what comes naturally. :wink:
The reason why people attack the champion is because they are there to be shot at. It matters nothing whether you want to affect anything here. The only way you affect anything is by making those who matter aware.

Those who matter are not here.

They might listen to you if you find them, then again they might not.

Most important to everyone should be the realisation that in most environments.....you work your way up. When something turns up at 3000 elo first attempt it might make you wonder a little. If they are so capable of 3000 elo why are they anonymous. They should be proud.....

.......unless it is a flare, like one of those aircraft that craps them over Afghanistan.

I think this thread is meant to be about what one thinks, rather than the usual vitriol so I thought it appropriate to post.

If you want to change things you must ask those who can change them.

If you are here to moan, you probably deserve being here.

No chess.....in a chess forum has never worked and never will.

Chris
Gino Figlio

Post by Gino Figlio »

I agree anonymity is a big red flag but the authors of some derivatives are not anonymous (Fire, Houdini).
I also agree with the pride factor when your work is valuable and you claim it as your own, but this also applies to the author of Rybka, why does not he bother to provide a detailed response if he is proud of his work?.

It looks like people on both camps do things just because they can. Not very responsible.